Smilegate Barcelona is looking for an Experienced Audio Director to lead a team responsible for the creative direction and implementation of all aspects of audio into a large AAA open world game. The role involves building and leading a world-class audio team, taking ownership of the creative direction and implementation of audio, collaborating with other departments, overseeing the composition and recording of the game's soundtrack, and managing external audio vendors. Requirements include experience leading an audio team on a AAA open world game, a passion for building emotionally evocative soundscapes, and hands-on experience working with composers. Benefits include 23 vacation days per year, studio bonus, extensive relocation support, remote and flexible working hours, ticket restaurant, fully stocked studio kitchen, beer Thursdays, Sanitas private health insurance, and company parties and events.
What we need:
Smilegate Barcelona is expanding and we are looking to add an Experienced Audio Director to build and lead a team responsible for the creative direction and implementation of all aspects of audio into our game. This is an opportunity to work on the cutting edge of game audio development, shaping the audio experience for an entirely new IP with a growing studio.
What the role involves:
- Build and lead a world-class audio team for a large AAA open world game.
- Take ownership over the creative direction and implementation of all aspects of audio into the game, including sound effects, music, voiceover recording, etc.
- Collaborate closely with other discipline department heads and the wider team in the development of a holistic game vision.
- Oversee the composition and recording of the game’s soundtrack.
- Work closely with the engineering department to define the requirements for all audio tooling required to deliver the project.
- Develop and support a positive and energetic team culture.
- Experience leading an audio team on a AAA open world game.
- A passion for building emotionally evocative soundscapes that are memorable, impactful, and supportive of wider gameplay.
- A high-quality bar, with demonstrable experience of delivering high-quality level content in your previous work.
- An expert in all aspects of audio creative direction, and comfortable getting involved in all aspects of audio development (including sound effects, music, VO).
- Hands-on experience working with composers in the creation of new game soundtracks.
- Experience managing external audio vendors.
YOUR LIFE AT SMILEGATE BARCELONA (and PERKS)
- 23 vacation days per year + Christmas Holiday (From Dec 24 ~ Jan 1)
- Studio Bonus
- Extensive Relocation support
- Remote & Flexible Working Hours & Flexible Friday
- Ticket restaurant: the Employee will receive 9 euro per working day
- Fully stocked studio kitchen (fruit, snacks , breakfast and beverages)
- Beer Thursdays
- Sanitas private Health insurance. In this policy, you will have included Dental coverage
- Develop your career working in a super exciting environment with a great working atmosphere, international work environment
- Nespresso coffee, organic fruit and other beverages
- Company parties and events
- Much more still to come…
Date found: 2023-02-18