At Rockstar Games, we create world-class entertainment experiences.
A career at Rockstar Games is about being part of a team working on some of the most creatively rewarding and ambitious projects to be found in any entertainment medium. You would be welcomed to a dedicated and inclusive environment where you can learn, and collaborate with some of the most talented people in the industry.
Rockstar Toronto is on the lookout for talented Tools Programmers who possess a passion for Tools development and improving workflows. This is a full time permanent position based out of Rockstar's unique game development studio in Oakville.
WHAT WE DO
- We create and maintain software tools that are used by all game development disciplines to support the creation of all Rockstar Games projects.
- These software tools range from digital content exporters, a data processing asset pipeline to game, CI/CD automation systems and UI editors.
- Collaborate with artists, programmers and designers to build applications that enable the creation of Rockstar’s complex and ambitious games.
- Develop a strong understanding of the systems we use and learn new technologies to help advance our applications.
- Help define architecture, design patterns and frameworks to improve how we build applications.
- Identify areas to improve user workflows and quality of life.
- Maintain applications through various stages of their lifecycle.
- A degree in Computer Science, related field or equivalent work experience.
- Strong C#/.Net skills.
- Strong problem-solving skills.
- Strong debugging skills.
- Excellent communication and teamwork skills.
- Ability to work within a schedule and deliver effectively to deadlines.
Please note that these are desirable skills and are not required to apply for the position.
- Experience working with WPF, XAML and the MVVM pattern.
- Experience working with SQL/NoSQL databases.
- Experience writing applications that consume external services.
- Familiarity with one or more RPC frameworks such as WCF or gRPC.
- Familiarity with one or more ORM frameworks such as NHibernate or Entity Framework.
- Experience working with Docker.
- Experience with automation and CI/CD systems.
- Games industry experience working on AAA titles.
- Passion for technology and games, in-depth familiarity of Rockstar products is a massive plus.
HOW TO APPLY
Please apply with a resume and cover letter demonstrating how you meet the skills above. If we would like to move forward with your application, a Rockstar recruiter will reach out to you to explain next steps and guide you through the process.
Rockstar is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, and we are committed to hiring, promoting, and compensating employees based on their qualifications and demonstrated ability to perform job responsibilities.
If you’ve got the right skills for the job, we want to hear from you. We encourage applications from all suitable candidates regardless of age, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, belief, or race.
Location: Oakville, Ontario, Canada