Our Continuous Improvement Team is looking for a passionate candidate to join us in our ambition of making game development more productive, enjoyable, and meaningful. This role will be based at CA North, in Newcastle, UK.
Using an iterative approach, we collaborate with varied stakeholders across the company on their work to explore alternatives to current practices (process, workflows, and tech). All team members participate in the process of aligning our direction with business and team member interests.
We are excited to hear from people from various backgrounds and industries, at all levels of experience, who have an enthusiasm for game development, learning, helping others, and cross functional collaboration.
Flexible working at Creative Assembly includes hybrid, fully remote within country of employment for eligible roles, and in-studio. We recognise that there is no one-size-fits-all approach and empower our teams to define the working patterns which work best for them, which may mean different things for different teams and roles and at different times.
This role is Hybrid. Further details can be discussed during the recruitment process.
Our highly collaborative team has core competencies in build engineering, programming, various areas of game development, telemetry, process improvement, and methodologies like DevOps and ToC. We aim to develop in these areas and gain expertise in new areas.
On a day-to-day basis you will:
- Proactively collaborate with people across the company on their work to explore improvements with them
- Articulate how changes affect productivity and work satisfaction
- Decide when to use instrumentation to facilitate your work
- Participate in shaping team direction to align business opportunities with the professional interests of team members
- Partner, share knowledge and assist colleagues in their personal development
- Induce change through an enthusiastic, collaborative, and responsive attitude with a strong ethos of continuous improvement and value delivery
- Make changes to our solutions (Build System, Tools, Editors, Games, Plugins) delivering value to developers and players
- Foster a sustainable environment through the pursuit of low-maintenance solutions and a “less is more” mentality.
- Collaborating in an iterative learning environment where experimentation, practical validation, low lead time, fast feedback, and psychological safety (safety to fail) are prioritised
- Fostering an environment in which it is natural to take on challenges and support each other
- Being highly collaborative within the working environment with open communication and transparency
- Appreciating game development as a system
- Appreciating variety in perspectives and opinions
- Enthusiasm for a high degree of autonomy and responsibility
- Ongoing personal development of all team members
- Software Delivery Performance
- Participation in our team’s ongoing improvement.
- Strong proactive collaboration abilities
- An inquisitive mind that explores problems, their underlying assumptions and questions established workflows and practices
- Programming experience or process improvement experience
- Interest in working with different teams and enthusiastic about frequently interacting with new people in different roles to solve problems and make improvements
- Curious about many areas of AAA video game development (e.g. Programming, InfoSec, IT, Design, Content Creation, Marketing, Finance, Policy, Planning)
- A passion for the role, for video game development and for helping others to make software development more enjoyable.
- Interest in working on different game genres, titles, and engines
- Strong technical ability with competence in a variety of programming languages, development tools, and areas of application (e.g. Tools, Editors, Renderer, Engines, UI, Build, Automation, Plugins)
- Knowledge of game UI Design and implementation
- Active interest in the underlying principles of DevOps, ToC, Agile, Lean, and SoPK or experience in reducing workflow lead times in a software development environment
- Experience of implementing and using telemetry to inform decisions, validate outcomes, and articulate causalities.
About Creative Assembly
It’s an exciting time to be a part of our craft-led studio as we push boundaries, creating deep and detailed experiences that last.
Our teams are diverse from across the world, from trainees to industry veterans who constantly challenge us and make sure we are striving for the best within our games and our studio life. We are united through our shared values of Quality, Focus, Teamwork, Respect and Trust and we win awards for our culture and our people-centric approach, having won a Best Place to Work Award for six consecutive years. We invest in our people, the studio, and our projects. We are a company that’s secure and safe – you don’t need to worry about job security at CA.
We’ll give you the creative freedom, tools, support, and development to achieve your potential.
We have studio locations across Horsham, UK in Newcastle, UK and Sofia, Bulgaria. These include several bespoke state-of-the-art audio suites and a dedicated motion capture facility.
We offer many benefits to support you and your family including:
- Flexible working: hybrid, fully remote within country of employment for eligible roles, and in-studio working
- Work from Anywhere for a temporary period each year (restrictions apply such as VISAs)
- Enhanced holiday allowance, maternity and paternity breaks, flexibility with our core hours, and no-notice holidays
- Bespoke relocation package for you and your dependents, with support throughout the process from our dedicated Relocation Specialists
- Private medical and dental insurance, life insurance, permanent health insurance, critical illness cover and free health care screening
- Generous holiday allowance plus full studio closure over the Christmas and New Year period, and all UK Bank holidays
- Annual discretionary studio bonus
- Join our award-winning education and social responsibility programme; the Legacy Project, as an industry ambassador to mentor and educate others
- Defined career development pathways and personalised training support including SEGA Dev Day, internal masterclasses, prestigious creative workshops, on-site training with renowned specialists and global conference attendance
- Opportunity to join our Diversity and Inclusion Network – an employee-led group
- Season ticket travel loans and cycle to work scheme
- Free games and merchandise plus access to our extensive games library
- Wellbeing support with an employee assistance programme and onsite confidential sessions
- Discounts for home technology, travel insurance, corporate gym membership, cinema tickets, holidays, trips out and Ikea vouchers, and many local businesses including estate agents
- Studio parties for you and your family; such as our Summer Festival, Christmas Party plus a separate Children’s Christmas Party. We also have Cinema days and wrap parties for game releases
Location: Newcastle, United Kingdom
Country: United Kingdom