1047 Games began with the simple principle that people should have fun while making great games. Bucking convention and driven by a passion to create the ultimate gaming experience, Ian Proulx and Nicholas Bagamian founded 1047 Games in 2017 in their Stanford dorm room. Their love for arena shooters of the past drove them to create Splitgate, a unique sci-fi first-person shooter that adds portal guns to upend the genre.
What started as two computer science majors putting portals into a first-person shooter for a project demo has evolved into a VC-backed company which has raised more than $120MM in funding.
At 1047 Games, you’ll find a permanently remote, dedicated team of top-tier talent from some of the world’s biggest gaming and tech companies who share our founders’ vision. Grit, ingenuity, a desire to have fun, and a start up mentality define our crew. We are currently working on a brand new shooter in the Splitgate universe.
What We're Looking For:
Our ideal candidate is passionate about FPS games, loves to create high-quality, inspirational concept art, has an eye for realistic SciFi and strong communication and teamwork skills. You will design concepts across various subject matters, such as characters, environments, weapons and props, and closely cooperate with teams from various disciplines.
- Develop concept art for our new product.
- Collaborate with other concept artists, graphic designers, 3D artists, and animators to develop concepts that fit within the vision for the Splitgate universe
- Participate in the planning of content - brainstorm and take an active part in the visual development.
- Work alongside the Art Director and art leadership to define the visual style - from shape language to mood, effects and animation.
- Support in reviewing concept work and providing feedback.
- Provide consistent quality across all areas of the project.
- Researching concept subjects, styles & genres
- Creating detailed key designs from a written brief
- Responding positively & proactively to feedback
Skills & Requirements
- Portfolio demonstrating strong proficiency as a Concept Artist, and the ability to provide solid SciFi designs.
- Strong design problem solving abilities
- A good understanding of design principles
- Ability to create concept designs for either characters or environments or props (or demonstrated ability to do multiple types)
- Skilled in the effective use of color, form, light, and composition
- At least a basic level of proficiency in the use of 3D for concept design
- At least a basic understanding of the production pipeline of AAA game assets
- Able to work remotely in an effective and communicative manner
Get jobs like this directly to your Inbox
Create Profile and Get Noticed