SkyBox Labs is a game development studio that is currently co-developing Halo Infinite, working on projects in the Minecraft universe, supporting the dev team at Bungie on Destiny 2: Lightfall, supporting development of Fallout 76, and working on original IP. They are looking for Associate Software Engineers who are passionate about learning and eager to develop their skills while participating in their unique Associate Software Engineer program through SkyBox University. The program includes a comprehensive C++ training program for 6 months, gaining practical experience while working with their talented team on either Minecraft or Fallout 76. After that time, their aim is to find a permanent role for the candidate on one of their AAA projects. The ideal candidate should have personal or professional game development experience, prior experience in C++, strong written and oral communication skills, a commitment to self-direction, collaboration, and constant improvement, and a passion for learning and developing their skills. SkyBox Labs offers flexible hybrid working arrangements, growth and development opportunities, social events, and the opportunity to contribute to industry-leading titles. Only candidates who reside in Canada or are willing to relocate will be considered for this role.
Who is SkyBox Labs?
SkyBox Labs is a game development studio that works on some of the world’s most iconic games. The studio is currently co-developing Halo Infinite, working on projects in the Minecraft universe, supporting the dev team at Bungie on Destiny 2: Lightfall, supporting development of Fallout 76, and working on original IP. As one of Canada’s fastest-growing game studios, since our inception in 2011, SkyBox Labs has evolved from a group of 8 people to a team of over 250+ Engineers, Artists, Animators, Designers, Producers, and more! Join us in our Burnaby or Victoria studios, or have the opportunity to work remotely within Canada for certain designated projects.
Interested? Let's talk about who we're hiring for:
We are looking for Associate Software Engineers who are passionate about learning, and eager to develop their skills while participating in our unique Associate Software Engineer program through SkyBox University!
For 6 months, you and a group of peers will take our comprehensive C++ training program through SkyBox University. While doing so, you will also be gaining practical experience while working with our talented team on either Minecraft or Fallout 76. After that time, our aim is to find a permanent role for you on one of our AAA projects.
This opportunity was created to advance passionate and motivated software engineers to have a long term career working on AAA games. If you're interested in learning about games and are compelled to hone your skills, apply today!
A snapshot of your role:
- You will be building software in C++
- Attend and complete our C++ course through SkyBox University
- Collaborate with designers, production and software engineers to develop and maintain features
- Execute on software development tasks independently, while still knowing when to ask for help
- Push the boundaries of what you know by learning new technologies and systems to meet our technical and business needs
Sound like you? This is what we're looking for:
- Personal or professional game development experience (we love to see your personal projects!)
- Prior experience in C++
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- A commitment to self-direction, collaboration, and constant improvement
- Ability to thrive in a dynamic work environment
- A passion for learning and developing your skills
- A passion for working in creative spaces
- Strong math skills for 3D game development
And here is why we think you'll love working at SkyBox Labs:
- Flexible hybrid working arrangements; leverage our beautiful studio spaces as needed, and use our free gym at our Solo Studio
- We relentlessly support your growth and development! Level up your C++ skills at SkyBox University, and expand your game dev knowledge with Lunch & Learns. You’ll join a culture of empowerment, collaboration, and personal growth
- Social events! Have fun with the team at trivia nights, karaoke nights, movie nights, and group activities. Join our soccer team, game jams, or a board game sesh after work. You name it, we’ve got it!
- You’ll contribute to industry-leading titles, from legendary AAA franchises to Original IP
Please note, only those who share a GitHub account, portfolio, or the like will be considered as an applicant.
Our commitment to you:
SkyBox Labs is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, committed to developing and maintaining a diverse workforce. You’ll join a collaborative, inclusive culture. One where we succeed together – across the desk and around Canada. Where like-minded people work naturally together to achieve great things (and games!).
Only candidates who reside in Canada or are willing to relocate will be considered for this role. Additionally, although we appreciate all interest, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Learn more about us at https://skyboxlabs.com/
Apply for this job
Location: Victoria, British Columbia
Date found: 2023-04-11