Kabam LA is seeking a KO-EN translator with a passion for gaming to join their team as a localization associate. The successful candidate will be responsible for translating and localizing game text and support materials from Korean to English, maintaining consistency with existing localization style and terminology, collaborating with proofreaders and editors to ensure accuracy and quality of final translations, and communicating with other departments, developers, and global partners as needed to achieve localization objectives. The ideal candidate will have native-level fluency in Korean and English, familiarity with games and the terminology used in them, excellent writing and editing skills, and be comfortable working independently. The position offers a salary range of $55,000 - $75,000 a year and includes extended health coverage, 401K matching, paid parental leave, unlimited paid time off, and more. Kabam is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer committed to building a diverse and equitable workplace.
Kabam LA’s localization division is the gateway for titles by Netmarble, one of the world’s fastest-growing game companies. Our hit releases include Ni no Kuni: Cross Worlds, BTS WORLD, MARVEL Future Fight, MARVEL Future Revolution, and The Seven Deadly Sins: Grand Cross.
We are looking for an energetic, talented KO-EN translator with a passion for gaming to join our team as a localization associate.
- Translate and localize game text and support materials from Korean to English.
- Maintain consistency with existing localization style and terminology; keep internal documentation current and conduct occasional IP research.
- Collaborate with proofreaders and editors to ensure accuracy and quality of final translations.
- Communicate with other departments, developers, and global partners as needed to achieve localization objectives.
- Report work progress to the localization team manager.
- Native-level fluency in Korean and English.
- Familiarity with games and the terminology used in them.
- Excellent writing and editing skills.
- Comfortable working independently.
- Bachelor’s degree in relevant major or previous professional localization experience.
- Previous games experience.
- Previous experience with CAT tool software such as MemoQ.
- Working knowledge of Google Workspace, JIRA, and Confluence.
- Fan of geek culture – Fantasy, sci-fi, comics, tabletop gaming, fandom hobbies, etc.
Our success is due to the hard work of our people. We share our success with our people through flexible benefits and reward programs, sweet swag, snacks, and more. Here’s a look at some of the support we provide our people:
- Extended Health Coverage: effective day one, no waiting period! Our benefits cover health, dental, life, and disability, and extended paramedical services such as vision care, mental health practitioners, massage, physiotherapy, acupuncture, and much more.
- 401K Matching: everyone retires eventually, and we help our people save for their futures with a contribution matching program for their 401K.
- PTO and Parental Leave: we offer paid parental leave, unlimited paid time off, paid time off for volunteering, sick leave, and holiday closures.
- Employee and Family Assistance Program: this program provides crisis management support, immediate mental health care, and generalized support for emotional, mental, and financial well-being.
- Learning and growth: we encourage people to grow both personally and professionally, and support this through regular lunch & learns and modules available on our learning management system.
- Pay transparency: we share with employees the pay range their role falls within and clear career maps to determine how they can grow within their role or level-up to a promotion.
- Cool spaces: our offices are in San Francisco, Los Angeles, Vancouver, Montreal, Prince Edward Island, and Seoul. Whether it’s trying new local eats while enjoying the view in downtown SF or DTLA - we want our people to feel like their time spent in office is worthwhile!
- Giving back: our ‘Agents of Change’ initiative is how we support the communities close to our heart, and we have several events and fundraisers every year that Agents of Change organize.
$55,000 - $75,000 a year
For candidates located in California, the salary range for this position is to. The salary of the successful candidate will vary within this range based on their knowledge, skills, and abilities.
Excited by this opportunity? Kabam is dedicated to growing our diverse and inclusive workforce, so if your past experience doesn’t perfectly match the listed requirements we encourage you to apply anyways - you could be a great fit for this or other positions.
We invite you to apply now and start the conversation with us. Together, we can create and support some of the best games ever made and entertain the world!
Kabam is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer committed to building a diverse and equitable workplace, and inclusive environment for all existing and potential employees. Employment decisions are based on candidate qualifications and business need, not race, color, ancestry, place of origin, age, sex (including pregnancy), gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, political belief, religion, creed, marital or family status, medical condition, genetic information, physical or mental disability, military or veteran status, prior criminal conviction or any other protected class in accordance with federal, state or provincial and local laws and ordinances. Accommodations will be provided as requested by candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Kabam is a world leader in developing entertaining, immersive, and highly social multiplayer games, bringing high-quality graphics, next-generation technology, and revolutionary gameplay to players around the world.
Kabam’s games, Marvel Contest of Champions, Disney Mirrorverse, and Shop Titans, have generated hundreds of millions of downloads and have received multiple awards including Apple’s Editor’s Choice and Google Play’s Best Game of the Year.
Founded in 2006, Kabam has studios and offices in Vancouver, Montreal and Charlottetown in Canada, Los Angeles and San Francisco in the United States, and in Seoul, South Korea. Kabam is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Netmarble Games.
Apply for this job
Location: Los Angeles
Country: United States
Date found: 2023-04-14