Wizards Of The Coast
At Wizards of the Coast, we connect people around the world through play and imagination. From our genre-defining games like Magic: The Gathering® and Dungeons & Dragons® to our growing multiverse, we continue to innovate and build new ways to foster friendship and connection. That’s where you come in!
We are looking for an Associate Game Production Artist to assist in the creation, processing, and file management of art assets to be used for Magic: the Gathering Arena. You will learn the process of game development while working with an experienced team of producers, designers, programmers, artists, and testers. This is a position with potential to grow into a more senior role. Tell us what you’re passionate about!
What You'll Do:
- Format and crop image files for Unity using Photoshop and custom scripts.
- Convert vector art into raster sprites for Unity.
- Gather video and screenshots for presentation and marketing materials.
- Generate height maps based on illustrations to work with parallax shader.
- Edit and maintain Confluence documentation for inter-squad communication.
- Track and handle tasks in JIRA as part of scrum development.
What You'll Bring:
- Degree or equivalent experience in Art, Illustration, 3D modeling/texturing, or Graphic Design.
- 1 year or more of relevant experience.
- Proficiency with Adobe Photoshop.
- Professional sense of responsibility and time management.
- Excellent organization and attention to detail.
- Firm grasp of file management and naming conventions.
- Critical thinking and problem-solving ability.
- Effective written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to collaborate and work well as part of a team.
Nice to Have:
- Experience with Unity.
- Experience with 3ds Max or Maya.
- Experience playing Magic: the Gathering.
- Love for games and game development.
- Particular affinity for logic games and puzzles.
- Art portfolio.
We are an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer
The above is intended to describe the general content of and the requirements for satisfactory performance in this position. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of the duties, responsibilities, or requirements of the position.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. If you are selected to move forward in our application process and need to request an accommodation, please let your recruiter or coordinator know.
In compliance with local law, we are disclosing the compensation range for this role. The range listed is just one component of Wizards of the Coast’s total compensation package for employees. Employees may also be eligible for annual and long-term incentives. In addition, Wizards of the Coast provides a variety of benefits to employees. Here’s a look at what your benefits package may include: Medical, Dental & Vision Insurance, Paid Vacation Time & Holidays, Generous 401(k) match, Paid Parental Leave, Volunteer Program, Employee Giving & Matching Gifts Programs, Tuition Reimbursement, Product Discounts, and more.
Location: Fully Remote