In this exciting role, the successful candidate will be responsible for testing environment art in the game with a focus on the terrain art and associated tools/technology. You will have the opportunity to work alongside multiple teams including Core Tech, Production, QA and the Environment Art team to provide cross project support.
This is an ideal role for an experienced technical tester with a passion or interest in art, who is practiced in working within sprints and project increments.
Flexible working at Creative Assembly includes hybrid, fully remote within country of employment for eligible roles, and in-studio. We recognise that there is no one-size-fits-all approach and empower our teams to define the working patterns which work best for them, which may mean different things for different teams and roles and at different times.
This role is Hybrid and has an expectation of at least 2 days per week in our Horsham studio. This role cannot offer fully remote working. Further details can be discussed during the recruitment process.
On a day-to-day basis, you will:
- Test new art related tools and features
- Create and run environment art specific test plans
- Assist game QA with environment art related questions and review bug quality
- Organise and manage environment art test sweeps for the game
- Run full or partial tool and pipeline sweeps
- Document tools and testing processes on Confluence.
- An interest in environment art and an understanding of 3D art
- Previous technical QA experience working in video games or other related software testing fields
- Proficient time management and organisational skills, able to prioritise accordingly
- Excellent communication skills with ability to confidently and clearly communicate both verbally and in writing
- Experience writing project or tool documentation
- Ability to follow set process and utilise a methodical approach when investigating issues
- A passion for video games and a desire to be part of the creative process involved in developing them.
- Experience playing a variety of Total War titles
- Knowledge of the development process and the various disciplines involved
- Experience using bug and task tracking software such as JIRA or Testrail
- Experience using 3D modelling and 3D software (3dsMax, Maya, Zbrush, Substance etc)
- Good knowledge of other game engines (like Unreal or Unity).
About Creative Assembly
It’s an exciting time to be a part of our craft-led studio as we push boundaries, creating deep and detailed experiences that last.
Our teams are diverse from across the world, from trainees to industry veterans who constantly challenge us and make sure we are striving for the best within our games and our studio life. We are united through our shared values of Quality, Focus, Teamwork, Respect and Trust and we win awards for our culture and our people-centric approach, having won a Best Place to Work Award for six consecutive years. We invest in our people, the studio, and our projects. We are a company that’s secure and safe – you don’t need to worry about job security at CA.
We’ll give you the creative freedom, tools, support, and development to achieve your potential.
Our studios are based in Horsham, UK and Sofia, Bulgaria, including several bespoke state-of-the-art audio suites and a dedicated motion capture facility.
We offer many benefits to support you and your family including:
- Flexible working: hybrid, fully remote within country of employment for eligible roles, and in-studio working
- Work from Anywhere for a temporary period each year (restrictions apply such as VISAs)
- Enhanced holiday allowance, maternity and paternity breaks, flexibility with our core hours, and no-notice holidays
- Bespoke relocation package for you and your dependents, with support throughout the process from our dedicated Relocation Specialists
- Private medical and dental insurance, life insurance, permanent health insurance, critical illness cover and free health care screening
- Generous holiday allowance plus full studio closure over the Christmas and New Year period, and all UK Bank holidays
- Annual discretionary studio bonus
- Join our award-winning education and social responsibility programme; the Legacy Project, as an industry ambassador to mentor and educate others
- Defined career development pathways and personalised training support including SEGA Dev Day, internal masterclasses, prestigious creative workshops, on-site training with renowned specialists and global conference attendance
- Opportunity to join our Diversity and Inclusion Network – an employee-led group
- Season ticket travel loans and cycle to work scheme with free bike servicing and discounted car valet service on site
- Free games and merchandise plus access to our extensive games library
- Free breakfast in the studio every day - toast, bagels, pancakes, cereals, yoghurts, fresh fruit, smoothies, juices, milkshakes and more in our fully stocked kitchen
- Wellbeing support with an employee assistance programme and onsite confidential sessions
- In-studio heavily subsidised massage therapy
- Discounts for home technology, travel insurance, corporate gym membership, cinema tickets, holidays, trips out and Ikea vouchers, and many local businesses including estate agents
- Studio parties for you and your family; such as our Summer Festival, Christmas Party plus a separate Children’s Christmas Party. We also have Cinema days and wrap parties for game releases
- Studio community activities such as life drawing, creative writing, Pilates, Walking Challenges, Couch to 5k, basketball, game and movie evenings, board game club, 5-a-side football, CA Choir, Sword fighting (yes, sword fighting) and loads more.
Get jobs like this directly to your Inbox
Create Profile and Get Noticed