Skydance offers a dynamic, inclusive, and ever-evolving culture where innovative ideas are welcomed, and growth fostered. The partnership between unique creativity and technological advancements are demonstrated within each pillar of the company. At the heart of it all is a commitment to boldly entertaining and relevant storytelling.
While all Animation studios look to hire people who are creative and hard-working, Skydance Animation is specifically looking for pioneers who seek to push the limits of what the world’s most collaborative art form can achieve, and to give those pioneers the space and the resources to build a new studio that’s doing something different.
If you’ve ever dreamt of what the early days of Hollywood must have been like, of what it takes to roll up your sleeves and break new ground, figure out a new process, and to one day say, “I was there when it all began,” then welcome aboard…
Skydance Animation is seeking an Associate Editor to join a dynamic team. Help lay the foundations for one of our upcoming animated features. This position will work closely with our Lead Editor. #animation
- Deliver high quality first pass of edited picture and sound to Supervising Lead Editor
- Research, cut, and conform temp sound effects under creative direction of Director and Lead Editor as needed
- Make sure the Director’s creative vision is correctly represented in sound
- Maintain and update sound effects throughout the evolution of the film
- Backup Lead Editor when he/she/they is sick or on vacation by running editorial sessions and review sessions
- Tackle special editorial projects and presentations
- Attend editorial turnovers and take notes on special sound requests and design issues
- Attend screenings and take notes for reel updates
- Make sure sound is at the highest quality for all screenings. Support Lead Editor with AVID temp mixes
- Make sure that sound crew has access to conformed temp sound effect tracks for reference
- Help support Post with marketing, franchise and bonus content deliveries
- Help Lead Editor and First Assistant establish work procedures and expectations for the cutting room whether working from home or the office
Screening and Mix
Room Set Up/ Remote Working
- Bachelor’s Degree in Film, Digital Media, related field, or equivalent work experience
- 6 + years experience in a feature film editorial capacity
- 3 + years editorial experience in feature animated films a plus
- Advance technical knowledge of AVID Media Composer
- Understanding of animation pre-production, production, and post production processes
Skydance is a diversified media company founded by David Ellison in 2010 to create high quality, event-level entertainment for global audiences. The Company brings to life stories of immersive worlds across its feature film, television, interactive, and animation divisions.
Skydance is proud to be an equal opportunity employer committed to building and fostering a diverse, equitable, and inclusive workforce. We welcome and consider applicants for employment regardless of race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, citizenship, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, pregnancy status, military/veteran status, disability, or any other protected category. Diversity in the workplace is not just a commitment, it is who we are and a reflection of what makes our world special.
Recruitment Fraud Alert
It has come to our attention that there may be fraudulent activity by individuals impersonating our Talent Acquisition team. Skydance will only contact you from an official “@skydance.com” email address. If you suspect that you are being contacted by an unauthorized person or believe that the correspondence you have received is suspicious, please do not click on any links or attachments in such emails and submit any questions or concerns to our information security team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Apply for this job
Location: Mid-City, Los Angeles
Date posted: 2022-01-20