At Rockstar Games, we create world-class entertainment experiences.
A career at Rockstar Games is about being part of a team working on some of the most creatively rewarding and ambitious projects to be found in any entertainment medium. You would be welcomed to a dedicated and inclusive environment where you can learn, and collaborate with some of the most talented people in the industry.
Rockstar North is on the lookout for a talented Cinematic Lighting Artist, who possesses a passion for lighting Cinematics and characters. This is a full-time permanent position based out of Rockstar’s unique game development studio in the heart of Edinburgh.
WHAT WE DO
- We use a creative eye and technical skill to bring the game world to life, layering lighting and atmosphere to help create a coherent world, enhancing the story telling through the use of colour and composition.
- Create and maintain all elements of Cinematic lighting i.e. dynamic, animated environments and character lighting.
- Ensure that all lighting deliverables are completed fully and in line with production schedule.
- Maintain a balance between visual quality and performance requirements for real time game application.
- Keep artistic style consistent with defined visual style for the game.
- Work with interior and exterior lighters to make sure lighting seamlessly flows into the lit environment and works with game flow.
- Understanding of storytelling and how light effects game flow.
- Must provide a portfolio through a web-page or other digital media to be considered.
- Reasonable knowledge of composition, colour and lighting.
- Knowledge and use of lighting techniques.
- Some experience with 3D art packages, photoshop, and software tools used in lighting and rendering.
- Understanding of how real-time engines work, with ability to grasp new programs and systems. Relative understanding of real-time lighting and traditional CG rendering.
- Ability to work with a degree of self-direction and motivation.
- Able to prioritize and multi-task.
Please note that these are desirable skills and are not required to apply for the position.
- Some industry experience in games, TV or film.
- Experience with 3DS Max.
HOW TO APPLY
Please apply with a CV and cover letter demonstrating how you meet the skills above. If we would like to move forward with your application, a Rockstar recruiter will reach out to you to explain next steps and guide you through the process.
Rockstar is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, and we are committed to hiring, promoting, and compensating employees based on their qualifications and demonstrated ability to perform job responsibilities.
If you’ve got the right skills for the job, we want to hear from you. We encourage applications from all suitable candidates regardless of age, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, belief, or race.
Get jobs like this directly to your Inbox
Create Profile and Get Noticed