The Pokémon Company International
Get to know The Pokémon Company International
The Pokémon Company International, a subsidiary of The Pokémon Company in Japan, manages the property outside of Asia and is responsible for brand management, licensing, marketing, the Pokémon Trading Card Game, the animated TV series, home entertainment, and the official Pokémon website. Pokémon was launched in Japan in 1996 and today is one of the most popular children's entertainment properties in the world.
Learn more online at Pokemon.com and on Facebook (facebook.com/pokemon), YouTube (youtube.com/pokemon), Twitter (twitter.com/pokemon), and Instagram (instagram.com/pokemon).
Get to know the role
Job Title: Assistant Licensing Manager – Latin America
The Licensing Team is responsible for creating and executing a range of activities, including (but not limited to) Product Licensing and Retail/Trade Marketing for Licensed Products to increase the visibility of the Pokémon brand across the globe.
Within this team, this role will be responsible for assisting the Senior Licensing Manager in developing Pokémon licensed products to ensure a strong presence at retail across Latin America – working alongside the Brand Services and Retail Sales & Marketing teams.
In conjunction with growing and managing the Pokémon licensing program, the Latin America Licensing team has three primary focus areas – 1) partnering with TPCI’s global master toy partners and TPCi’s Latin America TCG sales team to drive coordinated Toy placement at retail, 2) building a robust local licensing program for key Softlines and Hardlines/FMCG categories, and 3) driving Promotional activity in the region. Fluency in Spanish is required.
What you’ll do
- Licensee Contact: Operate as key contact for designated Mexican licensees as related to day-to-day business. Assist licensees with business needs including brand on-boarding, database training and implementation, forms processing, data gathering and reporting, etc.
- Category Management: Partner with Senior Licensing Manager to generate product opportunities and fill gaps by territories, demographics, and distribution channels. Explore DTR deals where appropriate.
- Project Management: Under direction of Senior Licensing Manager, assist designated licensees and various TPCi teams in all aspects of business as needed. Manage project planning, scheduling and inter-department communication, toward ensuring projects are completed and deadlines are met to brand standards and expectations.
- Product Approvals: Review approvals system daily for product submissions needing Business Licensing review. Check submissions against approved line plans, ensuring products are high quality and designed to achieve category goals and sales. Return comments/approvals as appropriate.
- Sales & Marketing: Work with global category, retail, and franchise teams to align strategies and execution plans for optimal deployment in market as well as clear communication of plans with and partners (i.e., key retailers, distributors, manufacturers, Marketing suppliers, etc.). Coordinate and support development and execution of Retail Business Developments programs, including product, promotional, and retail concepts, and manage relationships with Marketing vendors.
- Reporting: Partner with Finance to ensure that quarterly reports are received from licensees and that all requested information is being provided. Assist with the compilation of data for internal reporting, including unit sales, product development information, and any other licensing updates monthly that can be rolled up into comprehensive summary reports.
- Legal: Manage contract processing and tracking through entire pipeline. Facilitate generation, processing and delivery of required legal forms including manufacturer’s agreements and customs letters.
- Contractual Product Samples: Manage flow of contractual samples from licensees. This includes unpacking boxes, distributing samples across teams and organizing the samples room.
What you’ll bring
- Experience: Demonstrated 5-7 years of work experience in merchandise licensing, with knowledge of product development for Softlines and/or Hardlines categories a plus.
- Language: Bilingual English and Spanish
- Territory: Knowledge of the relevant retail landscape in Latin America
- Leadership: Ability to think creatively and strategically, imparting an entrepreneurial can-do attitude to the role.
- Communication Skills: Excellent oral and written communication skills. Ability to interact well with work-groups and various personalities.
- Computer skills: Proficient in Microsoft Word, Outlook, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Travel Requirement: 10%
- Education Requirement: Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience
- Additional: Entrepreneurial spirit with a positive, can-do attitude; Ability to handle multiple tasks and tight deadlines with minimal supervision; Detail-oriented with strong organizational and presentation skills.
How you’ll be successful
- Passion for Pokémon: Develops an understanding of the Pokémon brand, the impact it has on our people, culture, business, fans, and communities, and applying that knowledge and passion to everything you do.
- Challenging the Expected: Approaches challenges with curiosity and creativity, embracing the possibility of failure as an opportunity to learn something new, develop innovative ideas, solve complex problems and identify unique opportunities.
- Integrity and Respect: Demonstrates integrity and respect by leading with empathy, listening to others, seeking out different perspectives, and taking personal responsibility for decisions, actions, and results.
- Dedicated to Quality: Takes ownership to maintain and promote high standards, looks for new ways to learn and improve, and embraces a growth mindset to seek and apply feedback from others in an effort to continuously improve.
- Building Relationships: Develops and strengthens relationships, adopting a “team first” mentality and working collaboratively to solve problems and meet shared goals.
- Delighting Customers: Listens and understands the interests and needs of our customers and stakeholders, making them feel heard and important, and embracing these learnings to continue delivering a unique Pokémon experience.
What to expect
- An employee first culture
- Company events that celebrate the spirit of Pokémon
- Competitive cash-based compensation programs
- Base salary range: $102,000.00 - $152,000.00. This range is applicable for the labor market where the role is intended to be hired. For this role, new hires generally start between $102,000.00 – $120,650.00. Final base salary is directly related to each candidates' qualifications and professional experience uniquely.
- 100% employer-paid healthcare premiums for you
- Generous paid family leave
- Employer-paid life insurance
- Employer-paid long and short-term income protection insurance
- US Employees: 401k Employer Matching
- UK/IRE Employees: Pension Employer Contributions
- Fitness reimbursement
- Commuter benefit
- LinkedIn learning
- Comprehensive relocation package
- Hybrid work environment
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this role. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required. Employees may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed. For roles in the United Kingdom, candidates will need the right to work. In some cases, and for some roles, the Company may be able to arrange a visa. For roles in Ireland, this role requires candidates to have the right to live and work in the Republic of Ireland. However, we welcome applications from all nationalities and may consider supporting an employment permit application, in appropriate and suitable cases.
Location: Bellevue, Washington, United States
Country: United States