Skydance Media is looking for a Legal Assistant to support the Business & Legal Affairs team. The role involves administrative tasks such as analyzing contracts, maintaining contract filing systems, tracking document status, and preparing documents for signature. The ideal candidate should have experience in providing legal administrative support in the entertainment industry, be highly detail-oriented, and have excellent communication skills. The hourly rate for this non-exempt position in Los Angeles is $20.00 – $21.64. Skydance is an equal opportunity employer committed to building a diverse, equitable, and inclusive workforce.
Skydance Media is seeking a driven, detail-oriented Legal Assistant. This individual will support the Business & Legal Affairs team. This role will provide full range of administrative support including analyzing contracts, maintaining our contract filing system, tracking document status from drafting to execution to expiration, and preparing documents for signature. A high level of personal integrity, discretion, and professionalism in dealing with senior professionals inside and outside the company is essential. This role works directly with the Director, Contracts Administration and Counsel, Features Business & Legal Affairs.
The ideal candidate has experience providing legal administrative support in the entertainment industry, is highly detail-oriented, and has an enthusiasm for working in a fast-paced, collegial, and growing environment. #Media
- Monitor, coordinate, and disseminate timely and confidential correspondence and information
- Assist in preparing work product, including drafting agreements, contract tracking and presentations
- Track and update status of projects in various databases
- Research backup for accurate payment of development invoices; including prepping payments
- Help contract administrator process a high volume of invoices
- Assist in tracking deliverables, options, credit drafts, etc.
- Create summaries of projects and executed agreements for internal purposes
- Compose and generate letters and memos; proofread and edit documents prepared by supervisor
- Communicate effectively and clearly to collaborate with staff, internal and external contacts (including production staff, outside vendors and partner company representatives) and senior management
- Provide backup assistance to all Business and Legal Affairs executives
- Provide administrative support to Director, Contracts Administration and Counsel, Business & Legal Affairs
- Additional special projects, as needed
- 2-3 years of experience as a legal assistant, preferably in the entertainment industry or at a law firm
- Basic understanding of industry guilds and unions, a plus
- Strong proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite including Outlook and Word
- Professional and highly discreet with maintenance of absolute confidentiality
- Excellent communication (written and oral), including diplomatic and professional handling of telephone and email communications; superior grammar, editing, and proofing skills
- Ability to take initiative, be proactive, resourceful, flexible, and responsible
- Extremely well organized and attentive to detail
- Must be able to work well within a busy, fast-paced team
The hourly rate range for this non-exempt position in Los Angeles is $20.00 – $21.64. The rate offered may vary based on the candidate’s location, qualifications, experience and relevant expertise, among other factors. The range indicated is for base salary only and does not reflect the total compensation package, including bonus, benefits, etc.
We realize that skills and expertise can come from many different experiences and paths, and we encourage you to apply even if you don’t meet all of the requirements as written in the job description.
Skydance is a diversified media company founded by David Ellison in 2010 to create high quality, event-level entertainment for global audiences. The Company brings to life stories of immersive worlds across its feature film, television, interactive, and animation divisions.
Skydance is proud to be an equal opportunity employer committed to building and fostering a diverse, equitable, and inclusive workforce. We welcome and consider applicants for employment regardless of race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, citizenship, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, pregnancy status, military/veteran status, disability, or any other protected category. Diversity in the workplace is not just a commitment, it is who we are and a reflection of what makes our world special.
Recruitment Fraud Alert
It has come to our attention that there may be fraudulent activity by individuals impersonating our Talent Acquisition team. Skydance will only contact you either from our “@skydance.com” email addresses or from the “@lever.co” email addresses of our candidate tracking system. If you suspect that you are being contacted by an unauthorized person or believe that the correspondence you have received is suspicious, please do not click on any links or attachments in such emails and submit any questions or concerns to our information security team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Apply for this job
Location: Santa Monica, Los Angeles
Country: ,United States,United States
Date found: 2023-04-11