Wizards Of The Coast
At Wizards of the Coast, we connect people around the world through play and imagination. From our genre defining games like Magic: The Gathering® and Dungeons & Dragons® to our growing multiverse, we continue to innovate and build new ways to foster friendship and connection. That’s where you come in!
How would you like to lead an award-winning fantasy art team, while helping them to nurture and grow our ultra-talented pool of illustrators?
Magic: the Gathering, the world’s first and best-in-class Trading Card Game, is hiring a new Art Production Manager to lead a team as well as help to continue to build our Art Direction talent and pipeline!
What You'll Do:
This role will be passionate about these three main pillars:
- Leading a cohesive and high-functioning team of worldbuilding and commissioning Art Directors by managing their workloads, developing their skillsets, keeping close tabs on resourcing, keeping an eye towards recruiting the best emerging talent in the field, and reinforcing a culture of inclusivity and excellence.
- Owning the execution of a large volume of outsourced artwork, including pipeline development, recruiting, resourcing, and working with the vendor management group on crafting efficiencies.
- Developing a culture of collaboration and integration between the art team and multiple other subject areas, including game designers, worldbuilding designers, product strategists, production artists, producers, digital game leads, marketing teams, and leadership.
What You’ll Bring:
- 6+ years of experience with 3+ years of creative leadership experience and managing production teams
- Understanding around the process of art commissioning/outsourcing
- Strong communication skills and high comfort levels around giving and receiving feedback
- High attention to detail and highly developed organizational skills
- Adept in MS Office (Word, Excel, Powerpoint, Outlook) and comfortable with remote collaboration tools (MS Teams, Smartsheet, Miro, etc.)
In the Wizards TCG Studio, we believe diversity of experience is fundamental to creating broadly accessible and fun gaming experiences for *all* of our players. We encourage everyone to consider being a part of our team.
We are an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer
The above is intended to describe the general content of and the requirements for satisfactory performance in this position. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of the duties, responsibilities, or requirements of the position.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. If you are selected to move forward in our application process and need to request an accommodation, please let your recruiter or coordinator know.
In compliance with local law, we are disclosing the compensation range for this role. The range listed is just one component of Wizards of the Coast’s total compensation package for employees. Employees may also be eligible for annual and long-term incentives. In addition, Wizards of the Coast provides a variety of benefits to employees. Here’s a look at what your benefits package may include: Medical, Dental & Vision Insurance, Paid Vacation Time & Holidays, Generous 401(k) match, Paid Parental Leave, Volunteer Program, Employee Giving & Matching Gifts Programs, Tuition Reimbursement, Product Discounts, and more.
Location: Renton, WA
Country: United States