Frontier is an established, market leading independent developer and publisher of videogames for PC and consoles. We have achieved serial successes across a wide variety of titles including Elite Dangerous, Planet Coaster, Jurassic World Evolution, Planet Zoo and F1 Manager. Founded in 1994, we are based in the world-leading technology cluster and historic city of Cambridge, England. With a growing team of over 800 talented people supporting our existing portfolio and ambitious future roadmap, along with our publishing label Frontier Foundry, we are passionate about creating innovative genre-leading games and authentic worlds for our communities of players.
We have an exciting opportunity for a pipeline tools programmer to join the pipeline technical team, working closely with technical art and technical animation teams, to advise and build tools and infrastructure for our digital content creation (DCC) platforms.
As part of our pipeline team, you will develop and support the overarching infrastructure that supports our DCC pipelines. You will contribute ideas for how to extend our tools to help deliver great workflows, and collaborate with other developers to ensure our DCC tools and libraries are being utilised efficiently. As a specialist pipeline programmer, you will focus your efforts on building a robust coding environment, and assisting others to ensure they understand the code they develop.
You will also work closely with technical artists and pipeline artists to understand the requirements of their work, and assist building direct DCC tools and scripts to assist with their pipelines and workflows.
- Creating and supporting the DCC pipeline code that we use to build games.
- Working with other pipeline and technical content creators to design effective workflows and development pipelines.
- Identifying new strategies and processes that will improve our pipelines.
- Evangelising tools and mentoring others in how to build and use them.
- Strong knowledge of programming with Python
- Experience with QT & PySide
- Experience of working directly with users, from requirements capture through to product support
- Experience creating user documentation
- Familiarity with source control (SVN, GIT, Perforce etc.)
- Proven collaboration skills within a development team
- Experience in the creation and support of complex software packages
- Understanding of design patterns and system architecture
- Experience with automated documentation systems (Sphinx, Doxygen, etc.)
- Working knowledge of C++ and C#
- Working knowledge of WPF / XAML skills
- Experience in a test-driven development (TDD) environment
- Familiarity with contemporary game creation tools and workflows
- Experience deploying and supporting tools across multiple game teams
- Familiarity with art content creation packages
- (Maya, 3dsMax, Photoshop, ZBrush, etc.)
- Experience with creating UI / UX
What we can offer you
We offer the chance to work with talented and passionate people, developing and publishing sophisticated and enduring games in a creative and collaborative environment. We love what we do, and we work hard to provide outstanding experiences for our player communities. Frontier rewards this passion and determination by sharing in the company’s success and by supporting our teams to keep doing what they love.
Well-being is a big focus at Frontier and we are continually evolving how we can support our staff. We encourage a healthy work/life balance and host a range of well-being activities, initiatives and sessions to support both mental and physical health.
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package, which includes a success-based annual bonus, share option schemes, pension, life assurance, private family healthcare, flexitime working hours, enhanced maternity/paternity package, in-house subsidised catering, support with relocation, a Cycle to Work scheme and free bike servicing, and social events.
We welcome and encourage applications from qualified candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marriage or civil partnership, pregnancy or maternity, religion or belief.
Apply for this job
Location: Cambridge Hybrid / Remote /
Date found: 2022-11-06
Get jobs like this directly to your Inbox
Create Profile and Get Noticed