We are seeking a highly skilled and creative Art Director to join Playabit's team and play a pivotal role in guiding the artistic vision and technical execution of our upcoming mobile casual game. The ideal candidate will have a strong background in game art and a deep understanding of game development pipelines, including 3D modeling, 2D overpaint, and animation.
The Art Director is the owner of the content development at scale. They ensure visuals for all of our products are built according to the design and product vision, but also competitive in the market, and stunningly beautiful. Their mission is to direct, define, design and implement efficient, high-quality content production workflows, technologies, and visuals for our products. In order to execute this, the Art Director must be able to build and manage internal & outsourced teams that can execute on a 3D+2D Art pipeline.
- Work with design and product to help craft the look and feel of every aspect of the game(s) visuals
- Create asset style guides and libraries to allow for visual consistency, easy organization, onboarding and scalability of the game art
- Set art pipelines that allow for cost effective, scalable art iteration, and ideation
- Work with design and production teams to create art schedules that deliver on time and at quality
- Work with Wildlife's Central team to leverage internal resources that can help us accomplish our art goals without the recruitment and contracting overhead
- Work with production and design to build and manage a local art team that can execute quickly on the needs of the product, while also managing outsourcing teams for building visual assets at scale
- Establish and maintain technical documentation and best practices for the art team.
- Evaluate new technologies and tools, staying up to date with industry trends and techniques to push our games' visual quality forward.
- Effective at communicating with different audiences: artists, engineers, managers.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in casual game art production, with at least 2 years in a leadership or supervisory role.
- Proficiency in industry-standard art tools such as Maya, 3ds Max, Photoshop, After Effects, and Spine.
- Expertise in 3D modeling, 2D overpaint or 2D animation techniques, with a strong portfolio showcasing your work.
- Strong understanding of mobile game development, including performance optimization and memory management.
- Experience with asset optimization challenges/techniques.
- Familiarity with Unity game engine.
- Passion for casual games and a strong understanding of the mobile gaming market.
We know that the work we do has a high impact on our company's success and culture. The right person for this position is curious by nature, and comfortable in a “take the initiative” environment, loves solving problems, and can thrive in a fast and growing business.
Wildlife is one of the leading mobile game developers and publishers in the world. We have released more than 60 titles, reaching billions of people around the globe. Today, we have offices in Brazil, Argentina, Sweden, Finland, United States and soon United Kingdom. Here, we create games that will excite, intrigue, and engage our players for years to come!
Equal Opportunity & Affirmative Action
Wildlife is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, colour, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state, and local law.
We're committed to providing accommodations for candidates with disabilities in our recruiting process. If you need any assistance, please let us know at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Country: United Kingdom