Super Evil Megacorp
We are a company for gamers, by gamers. We believe that truly good and deeply compelling games are timeless and will ultimately prevail over fine-tuned shallow addiction cycles. Our mission is to make deeply engaging and technically outstanding games, while embracing all the opportunities of cross-platform, new business models and a games industry in flux.
We are looking for motivated and highly skilled people who share our love for making outstanding games. You will need to be ready to take on the task of being part of a small but experienced and dedicated team, not be afraid to get your hands dirty, and have a can-do attitude. Join us! It’s going to be a thrilling ride.
We are looking for a talented and passionate Art Director to help us develop an exciting unannounced IP. This person should lean more towards hands-on development, who is ready to hop right in and be part of a core team and help build a memorable experience. The right person for this position is curious by nature, and comfortable in a “take the initiative” environment, loves solving problems, and can thrive in a small team where the day to day job changes based on what the game needs. This Art Director is expected to drive the visual development of our game. This role will report directly into the Studio AD, and collaborate closely with the Creative and Game Design Director. We are looking for an individual that can mentor others, has potential to craft a vision for a project in various styles and has experience in Games, and Films.
- Drive the visual targets using your years of experience working in a lead, or Art Director capacity.
- Develop efficient workflows for visual development.
- Manage outsourced partners I way of feedback paint overs and direction
- Proactively problem solve and explore various avenues towards accomplishing product goals.
- Document and refine process where possible.
- Build and develop the art department and its team members.
- Manage groups of artists in a dynamically evolving production environment.
- Collaborate and align with a multidisciplinary team by providing a compelling style guide.
- You will carry the visual integrity throughout the entire project, ensuring consistency and highest quality.
- 8+ years experience as an AD with at least 2 shipped titles
- Expert grasp of foundational art skills. hands-on concept and illustration skills, Color theory, composition, shape language, form, silhouette, etc.
- You have a deep understanding of 3D pipelines and workflows
- Have a deep understanding of human and animal anatomy
- Understanding of gameplay needs such as clarity & readability
- Ability to align multidisciplinary teams behind a creative vision by providing feedback, guidance, and asset critiques.
- Work with minimal direction and take on leadership responsibilities effectively.
- Experience working on game with an isometric camera angle
- Experience with 3D programs.
- Experience working with various game engines ( licensed and proprietary )
- AAA game development experience.
- Mobile game development experience.
- Narrative and/or cinematic experience
Note: In order to apply, please provide us with a link to your portfolio, resume that gives us an overview of your skills and abilities.
This base pay range is for the United States only and does not apply to international locations. The range for each job posting reflects the minimum and maximum target for new hire salaries for the position across all US locations. Within the range, individual pay is determined by location and additional factors including job-related skills, experience, and relevant education or training.
Do you feel like you don’t meet each and every requirement on the job description? Many people don't apply for jobs unless they feel they exceed at every one of these job requirements. It’s very important for us at SEMC to ensure we have a diverse and inclusive group of talent, so please go ahead and apply even if you feel that you’re not a “perfect” fit! You just might be what we’re looking for!