Remedy Entertainment, an independent game studio, is seeking an Art Director for an upcoming online multiplayer game. The Art Director will work with the Game Director to define and communicate the artistic vision of the project, lead and mentor internal and external art teams, and ensure consistency in the game's art style. The ideal candidate should have previous experience as an Art Director, a good technical understanding of game engines, and experience in team leadership. Remedy Entertainment values diversity and inclusivity in the workplace and offers competitive compensation, a great work-life balance, and relocation services.
Remedy Entertainment, the creator of Control®, Quantum Break®, Max Payne®, Alan Wake® and Death Rally® and one of the world’s leading independent game studios is looking for an Art Director (GaaS) for an exciting new online multiplayer game.
In collaboration with the Game Director you will be defining, building and communicating the artistic vision of the project. You’ll have a major role in developing the look of the game and contributing to the overall experience in a live multiplayer environment.
We enthusiastically welcome diverse viewpoints and backgrounds. We at Remedy value and are committed to ensuring an inclusive and safe work environment for all our team members.
What you get to do
- Lead and mentor both internal and external art teams
- Partner with our Game Director and other leads to push project quality while keeping the art style consistent across all areas
- Drive for alignment with other peer teams and work with Game Director to ensure proper priority calls happen, if needed. You will ensure that consistent communication is maintained, in all directions, to guarantee the quality of the game
- Work with the Development Director to define project processes and pipelines to ensure different teams can work in efficient ways to meet their goals
- Work with the Game Director and our Outsourcing team to identify outsourcing needs
- Advise and guide external development in maintaining the quality and art style of the project
- Be the point of contact to our artists when it comes to understanding aesthetic and technical considerations of the project
- Actively share insight, expertise and best practices with the teams and colleagues in other departments
What you bring to the role
- Demonstrated experience as an Art Director with at least 1 project shipped in a leadership position
- Excellent understanding of shape, composition and layout as well as a good technical understanding of game engine(s)
- Experience on games built in a modular way
- Former team leading experience and strong leadership and teamwork skills
- You thrive working in a team environment, sharing ideas and learning from others. You are used to collaborating with colleagues across different departments and you are able to communicate and present your ideas in a clear and coherent way. As a team member you are dedicated contributing towards a friendly and inclusive work environment
- Additionally, you also have previous experience in building live game services
What is in it for you
- Above all, you get to work on awesome, unique video games that the global audience is interested in at a studio where your input is valued. We try our hardest to keep our team sizes and the work load sensible, so your contributions feel valuable
- Our studio is based in Helsinki metropolitan area in Finland, where the quality of life is exceptional and cost of living is affordable. If you're not already in Finland, our relocation service is there every step of the way to take care of you. You can concentrate on work, while we’ll take care of everything else
- If you are based in Sweden, we also welcome candidates to our new secondary location in Stockholm, Sweden.
- You will be offered competitive compensation with a bonus system
- We work hard, but at Remedy we believe in a great work life balance. Happy people work better. In Finland and Sweden you get up to 5 weeks of paid vacation every year. This is on top of public holidays and other special occasions
To apply, please fill in the application form with your CV, portfolio and other information relevant to the position. The position will be filled as soon as a suitable applicant is found.
Apply for this job
Location: Espoo, Finland or Stockholm, Sweden
Date found: 2023-04-11