You are highly creative and highly skilled in the world of animation. Always looking to take your animations from great to mind-blowing, you couple your passion with a thirst to learn what’s new in animation to deliver exceptional results. Being both team-oriented as well as a true self-starter, you work quickly and collaboratively to accomplish more and cannot wait to share what you’ve learned with the team. Finally, you view yourself as a culture-add and look forward to bringing something new to every team you join.
Sound like a match? Kabam Vancouver is looking for an Animator to join us! We don’t just make games, we play and love them too.
You will contribute by:
- Ensuring the delivery of world-class character assets and animations for our games
- Working with Animation Director, Lead Character Artist, and Lead Technical Artist to design, implement, and communicate best practices to the entire art production team
- Leading and managing character asset and animation delivery pipelines for our studio and beyond
- Mentoring team members in animation best practices
Your background includes:
- Undergraduate degree or college diploma (or equivalent) in a related field ( 3D animation, traditional animation, computer science, computer graphics, etc.)
- 2+ years working in mobile or console game development.
- Experience developing automated animation systems, developing tools and pipelines
- Advanced experience with animations schematics, rigging and setups
- Problem solves all technical issues involving animation
- Experience with Motionbuilder and Maya animation tools.
- A hard-working, fun-loving attitude!
Excited by this opportunity? We invite you to apply, start a conversation with us and send in your portfolio.
Together, we can create and support some of the best games ever made.
Together, we can create and support some of the best games ever made and continue to entertain the world!
Kabam is a world leader of developing entertaining, immersive, and highly social multiplayer games for mobile devices. They merge consumer behaviour with the art of game design to create experiences that are enjoyed by millions of players across the globe. Each game has raised the benchmark in mobile gaming, bringing high-quality graphics, next-generation technology and revolutionary gameplay to the console in every player’s pocket.
Kabam has partnered with leading entertainment brands like Disney, Hasbro and Universal to create mobile games based on some of the world’s most iconic franchises.
Kabam’s games have generated hundreds of millions of downloads including Fast & Furious 6: The Game, Fast & Furious: Legacy, Marvel Contest of Champions, Transformers: Forged to Fight, Shop Titans and Mini Guns. These games have also received multiple awards such as Apple’s Editor’s Choice and Google Play’s Best Game of the Year.
Founded in 2006, Kabam has studios and offices in Vancouver, Montreal, Charlottetown, San Francisco and Austin. Kabam is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Netmarble Games.
Kabam is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer committed to building a diverse and equitable workplace, and inclusive environment for all existing and potential employees. Employment decisions are based on candidate qualifications and business need, not race, color, ancestry, place of origin, age, sex (including pregnancy), gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, political belief, religion, creed, marital or family status, medical condition, genetic information, physical or mental disability, military or veteran status, prior criminal conviction or any other protected class in accordance with federal, state or provincial and local laws and ordinances. Accommodations will be provided as requested by candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Apply for this job
Date posted: 2022-01-20