The Multiplayer Group (MPG) is seeking an Animator to join their team of 300 developers and data scientists. The Animator will be responsible for creating high-quality animation for characters and supporting all stages of games. The ideal candidate should have a solid understanding of core principles of animation, excellent communication skills, and the ability to adapt to new areas depending on the project. Experience in a similar role is highly desirable, and experience in direct communication with clients is a plus. The position is remote-friendly, and the company is big on wellbeing.
The Multiplayer Group (MPG) are 300 developers and data scientists, helping our clients and partners build 20+ AAA projects at any one time. We’re probably the most experienced multiplayer dev group in the world and we’re set up to help the games industry make games more easily, to deliver the highest quality, and become long-term partners.
We hire the best people, our talented team is spread across the globe. We’re remote-friendly and big on wellbeing, so if you love the sound of us, we’d love to hear from you!
We are recruiting an Animator to help MPG deliver the best possible Animation for our games.
As an Animator, you’re a specialist in creating high-quality animation for characters. You’re knowledgeable in supporting all stages of games. you will be working with artists, programmers, and Designers.
What you'll be doing:
- Design, integrate and maintain quality animation for games.
- Keeping your team up to date on progress and providing time estimates for work.
- Identifying and highlighting attention to any issues that arise.
- Contribute to the conceptualisation of character behaviours and abilities.
- Contributing to brainstorming sessions.
- Take part in art reviews and processes, providing feedback on ideas and art.
What we'll need from you:
- Create quality, responsive and realistic animation using both keyframe and motion capture data.
- Have solid understanding of core principle of animation such as ‘’Timing’’ and ‘’weight’’
- Have a deep understanding of implementation from design to the engine
- Excellent communication skills. Empathetic, mature and able to maintain a professional attitude in difficult situations.
- You'll be adaptable. Although you'll have strong, specialised abilities in a certain animation area or style. You'll be able to adapt to new areas depending on the project.
- Ability to adapt to latest animation tools and techniques.
- Understanding of Rigging, able to know how it works and provide feedback.
What would help:
- Open to mentoring and providing guidance to junior members of the art team
- Able to manage your own time and workload
- MEL, python scripting and tools development is a plus
- Cinematic experience is a plus
- Experience in a similar role is highly desirable
- Experience of direct communication with clients
Apply for this job
Location: Remote - Netherlands
Date found: 2023-03-17