Headquartered in Montreal, Reflector, a company of the Bandai Namco group, is a new breed of studio working with top talents to create high-quality, compelling content for global audiences. By employing a true transmedia approach, where content is built outwards from fully fleshed “Storyworlds”, the company is able to tell richer, deeper stories that connect with fans everywhere.
The Animation Programmer will be part of a team building animations on an exceptional game. You will collaborate with programmers, animators, designers and artists while acting as a technical expert for animations.
- Develop, maintain and improve a character and creature animation system;
- Work closely with animators and game programmers to integrate animations into the project;
- Oversee the animation and improve it as needed;
- Contribute to defining the animation budget;
- Propose improvements to the existing pipeline in accordance with the project's needs;
- In collaboration with the "tools" team, develop the necessary tools for efficient development of features during production;
- Ensure compliance with coding standards;
- Ensure that technical documentation is written.
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, computer engineering, or equivalent education or experience;
- Minimum four (4) to six (6) years of professional experience in the video game industry;
- Delivered at least 1 video game, preferably on a 'AAA' type console;
- Good C/C++ programming skills, and a good knowledge of object-oriented development;
- Experience with multithreaded programming;
- Strong 3D mathematics and computer graphics skills;
- Experience with inverse cinematics (IK) systems;
- Experience writing efficient code (CPU/GPU costs, memory);
- Good understanding of the overall mechanics of game engines;
- Autonomy and flexibility in work organization;
- Data-driven design skills;
- Passion for gaming and game design;
- Good interpersonal skills;
- Ability to adapt to change;
- Experience with commonly used development tools including Visual Studio and Perforce;
- Experience with console development and Unreal a plus;
- Strong communication skills in French and English, both verbal and written.
Apply for this job
Location: Montreal, Quebec
Date posted: 2022-01-20