PlayStation isn’t just the Best Place to Play — it’s also the Best Place to Work. Today, we’re recognized as a global leader in entertainment producing The PlayStation family of products and services including PlayStation®5, PlayStation®4, PlayStation®VR, PlayStation®Plus, acclaimed PlayStation software titles from PlayStation Studios, and more.
PlayStation also strives to create an inclusive environment that empowers employees and embraces diversity. We welcome and encourage everyone who has a passion and curiosity for innovation, technology, and play to explore our open positions and join our growing global team.
The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
Analytics Implementation Engineer
San Diego OR San Francisco, CA
The primary duties of the analytics implementation engineer position is to optimize the telemetry collection and reporting around SIE’s commerce platforms, particularly as it pertains to banner tracking, order attribution, and checkout funnels. This is a client-facing role, requiring both technical and business/marketing knowledge and skills. The successful candidate will gather and understand unique business requirements for each project and develop and build customized solutions to meet the requirements with client telemetry. In addition, this role will help different development teams implement analytic tracking code throughout their applications, perform quality checks to ensure that the implementation work has been completed accurately, and diagnose and resolve technical issues when they arise. While not a programming position, it is a technical job with constant customer interaction. Successful candidates will be able to understand how the data is captured and use this understanding to assist business and technical partners with data reporting. The responsibilities listed are not all inclusive and additional duties may be assigned.
- Capture, document and help form/guide client business requirements, key performance indicators and other functional and/or technical requirements
- Design customized solutions and technical tag implementation strategies
- Support client developers and third parties throughout the implementation process
- Validate and debug implementation and follow through on issues until resolved
- Advise key partners and drive client success based on clients most important business drivers
- Communicate proactively with customers throughout the project lifecycle
- Actively participate in collaborations with multiple data partners (e.g., Q&A sessions, workshops, and brainstorming exercises)
- Lead multiple client engagements simultaneously
- Set customer expectations appropriately and keep projects on schedule and within scope
- Technical writing and presentation creation
- At least 3 years of experience working in client analytics implementation or a related field
- Solid understanding of online marketing including advertising and purchase attribution
- Passion for the internet domain and use of technology to solve business problems
- Must be self-motivated, adaptable, professional and dedicated to customer success
- Possess an innovative, problem-solving mentality
- Exceptional organizational, presentation, and communication skills both verbal and written
- Proven ability to learn quickly, work on a high-functioning team, and handle change optimally
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience
- Website telemetry optimization consulting experience
- Extensive experience working with Adobe Analytics, Customer Journey Analytics (CJA), or similar tools
- Experience with Adobe Experience Platform (AEP), DOMO, or similar tools
- Solid understanding of HTML and web protocols
- Master’s degree in business or other related education
- Experience with custom schema definition using Snowplow, Segment, Google Analytics 4 or similar
- Web API usage experience
- SaaS or other software implementation experience
- Experience in large-scale software engineering organizations (Agile or related experience)
- Japanese language proficiency a strong plus
At SIE, we consider several factors when setting each role’s base pay range, including the competitive benchmarking data for the market and geographic location.
Please note that the base pay range may vary in line with our hybrid working policy and individual base pay will be determined based on job-related factors which may include knowledge, skills, experience, and location.
In addition, this role is eligible for SIE’s top-tier benefits package that includes medical, dental, vision, matching 401(k), paid time off, wellness program and coveted employee discounts for Sony products. This role also may be eligible for a bonus package. Click here to learn more.
Equal Opportunity Statement:
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to gender (including gender identity, gender expression and gender reassignment), race (including colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin), religion or belief, marital or civil partnership status, disability, age, sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity, trade union membership or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
PlayStation is a Fair Chance employer and qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records will be considered for employment.
Location: United States, San Diego, CA
Country: United States