At Rockstar Games, we create world-class entertainment experiences.
A career at Rockstar Games is about being part of a team working on some of the most creatively rewarding and ambitious projects to be found in any entertainment medium. You would be welcomed to a dedicated and inclusive environment where you can learn, and collaborate with some of the most talented people in the industry.
Rockstar San Diego is on the lookout for talented AI Systems Programmers who possess a passion for bringing our AI to life, solving challenging problems with pragmatic solutions. This is a full-time permanent position based out of Rockstar’s unique game development studio in Carlsbad, CA.
WHAT WE DO
- We create exciting and believable player and AI characters and a complex open-world simulation.
- We develop systems to populate and simulate large worlds.
- We work as a global team across multiple studios as well as working closely with designers and artists.
- We follow an iterative process where we tune and polish features to establish the correct look and feel for the game.
- Develop, maintain and extend current core population systems and technology.
- Prototype, design and implement new systems collaboratively with Engine, Gameplay and Design teams to create a state-of-the-art open-world simulation.
- Tackle macro and/or micro level tasks, from improving engine-level systems to working on higher level systems that will affect the feel of the wider game world.
- Focus on memory and performance all the while striving for more realism, believability and accuracy implementing systems with finite resources.
- Work together with engine, gameplay, and design departments to deliver features on schedule.
- A degree in Computer Science / related discipline or equivalent experience.
- Solid C++ programming skills.
- Strong math skills, knowledge of vectors, matrices and linear algebra.
- Excellent problem-solving ability.
- Great team communication skills.
- A technical understanding of open-world mechanics and technologies.
- A keen eye for qualitative issues is essential.
Please note that these are desirable skills and are not required to apply for the position.
- In-depth familiarity of Rockstar products is a massive plus.
- Experience working with animations and animation trees.
- Experience with pathfinding or AI movement and behaviors.
- Experience solving complex vehicle AI navigation, steering, route planning, etc.
- At least one shipped title; preferably on the Xbox and/or PlayStation consoles.
HOW TO APPLY
Please apply with a resume and cover letter demonstrating how you meet the skills above. If we would like to move forward with your application, a Rockstar recruiter will reach out to you to explain next steps and guide you through the process.
Rockstar is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, and we are committed to hiring, promoting, and compensating employees based on their qualifications and demonstrated ability to perform job responsibilities.
If you’ve got the right skills for the job, we want to hear from you. We encourage applications from all suitable candidates regardless of age, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, belief, or race.
The pay range for this position in San Diego at the start of employment is expected to be between the range below* per year. However, base pay offered is based on market location, and may vary further depending on individualized factors for job candidates, such as job-related knowledge, skills, experience, and other objective business considerations. Subject to those same considerations, the total compensation package for this position may also include other elements, including a bonus and/or equity awards, in addition to a full range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits. Details of participation in these benefit plans will be provided if an employee receives an offer of employment. If hired, employee will be in an "at-will position" and the company reserves the right to modify base salary (as well as any other discretionary payment or compensation or benefit program) at any time, including for reasons related to individual performance, company or individual department/team performance, and market factors.
Location: Carlsbad, California, United States
Country: United States