WHAT MAKES US EPIC?
At the core of Epic’s success are talented, passionate people. Epic prides itself on creating a collaborative, welcoming, and creative environment. Whether it’s building award-winning games or crafting engine technology that enables others to make visually stunning interactive experiences, we’re always innovating.
Being Epic means being a part of a team that continually strives to do right by our community and users. We’re constantly innovating to raise the bar of engine and game development.
Epic Games UE Dev AI team is looking for a smart, creative AI Programmer Intern to join them in 2023. Our Interns are given challenging projects over the work term, and are provided with a meaningful experience with high expectations for performance. If you want to build something Epic, this is the opportunity for you!
In This Role You Will:
- Develop and support AI Tools suit for Unreal Engine users.
- Investigate and Debug UE-AI related issues
- Provide unit-test so that such issues are catch upstream in the future
- Engage in improving the UX (through feedback, but also UI) of our latest UE5 AI tool suite
- Smart Objects
- State Tree
- Deploy use cases and good practice of UE-AI technologies in our UE5 Lyra Sample project for all licensees to have good examples to follow
- Stretch-goal. Identify a small specific need that could fit under the UE-AI umbrella. The idea would be to propose a solution and engage at every step of the development process (from Gather requirements, Design, Implements, Review, Test, Support) that would improve UE licensees experiences when trying to build AI with Unreal Engine.
What We’re Looking For:
- Strong C++ knowledge is a must
- Portfolio showcasing projects of gameplay and AI coding utilizing C++
- Familiarity with Unreal Engine and understanding of blueprints
- Passionate about game development and Epic Games products (Yes), specifically Fortnite
- Exceptional communication skills and experience working within a team
- Able to react and respond effectively to coding feedback
This is an internship for 2023 with a flexible start date. Recruitment will be ongoing until teams find an ideal match. For more information about Epic’s Early Career Program, visit Epicgames.com/students.
This is going to be Epic!
Epic Games spans across 19 countries with 55 studios and 4,500+ employees globally. For over 25 years, we’ve been making award-winning games and engine technology that empowers others to make visually stunning games and 3D content that bring environments to life like never before. Epic’s award-winning Unreal Engine technology not only provides game developers the ability to build high-fidelity, interactive experiences for PC, console, mobile, and VR, it is also a tool being embraced by content creators across a variety of industries such as media and entertainment, automotive, and architectural design. As we continue to build our Engine technology and develop remarkable games, we strive to build teams of world-class talent.
Like what you hear? Come be a part of something Epic!
Epic Games deeply values diverse teams and an inclusive work culture, and we are proud to be an Equal Opportunity employer. Learn more about our Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Policy here.
Get jobs like this directly to your Inbox
Create Profile and Get Noticed