Welcome to Striking Distance Studios!
Driven by people. Inspired by challenges. Relentless to deliver creative excellence.
At the intersection of art, design and technology lies Striking Distance Studios. Led by Dead Space and Call of Duty franchise veteran Glen Schofield, we are a AAA development studio within the San Ramon Hills of the San Francisco Bay Area. With the release of our first title, The Callisto Protocol, we are excited to continue to grow our team.
Here at Striking Distance Studios it is amazing people, an immersive experience and a passion for excellence that drives us each day. We are looking for people who push themselves creatively and learn with every new challenge. We give you the setting and the opportunity to do work you are proud of. We’re looking for the best to come join us and become part of a world-class team.
To us excellence is not a skill, but an attitude!
*This is NOT a Data Science or Machine Learning role*
- Build the decision logic which commits to drive fun, systemic gameplay in collaboration with systems designers;
- Work together with animators and engineers to make characters come to life through believable and fluid motion
- Gather requirements and set goals for the AI team, leading the design and architecture all the way through to implementation.
- Work closely with animators, artists, designers and programmers to improve the AI system and support them in its application and tuning.
- Design new functional and engaging features and integrate them with existing AI, physics and animation systems.
- Research new techniques and tools that will improve the content creation workflow, and raise the bar in terms of character behavior quality;
- Foster a culture of open, honest, and respectful communication across all disciplines
- Expertise with UE4 and UE5 particularly in implementing gameplay systems.
- Excellent understanding of AI architecture and standard technology (finite state machines, behavior trees, path finding, goal-oriented behavior, rule-based systems, learning, crowd behavior etc.).
- Deep Understanding of UE4/UE5 Behavior Trees, EQS and Perception systems
- Solid C/C++ skills
- 3+ years of games industry experience and preferably 1 years or more in a similar role.
- A bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, or relevant work experience
In California, the standard base pay range for this role is $120,000-$155,000 annually. This base pay range is for California and is not applicable to locations outside of CA. Actual amounts will vary depending on experience, performance and location.
Due to recent scams, our recruiters will only reach out to you via @sds.com, @krafton.com or @pubg.com. If you received an email and are unsure you can always email email@example.com
Location: San Ramon, CA
Country: United States