Double Negative Visual Effects
The Accounting Manager is responsible for all areas relating to financial reporting for the Vancouver and Los Angeles studios. This position will be responsible for developing and maintaining accounting principles, practices, and procedures to ensure accurate and timely financial statements. The Accounting Manager supervises staff and is responsible for managing the team to ensure that work is properly allocated and completed in a timely and accurate manner. This position addresses tight deadlines and a multitude of accounting activities including general ledger preparation, financial reporting, year-end audit preparation and the support of FP&A and forecast activities.
The Accounting Manager will have contact with senior-level managers from multiple departments, and the studio’s GM, CFO and Financial Controller, which requires strong interpersonal communication skills both written and verbal.
- Obtain and maintain a thorough understanding of the financial reporting and general ledger structure.
- Ensure an accurate and timely monthly, quarterly, and year-end close.
- Ensure the timely reporting of all monthly financial information.
- Supports FP&A team in budget and forecasting activities and differences analysis.
- Collaborates with the other finance department managers to support overall department goals and objectives.
- Monitors and analyzes department work to develop more efficient procedures and use of resources while maintaining a high level of accuracy and proper documentation.
- Advises staff regarding the handling of non-routine reporting transactions.
- Responds to inquiries from the CFO, Financial Controller, and other finance and studio-wide managers regarding financial results, special reporting requests and the like.
- Work with the Financial Controller to ensure a clean and timely year-end audit.
- Supervise the general ledger group to ensure all financial reporting deadlines are met.
- Oversee payroll activities, able to guide and enforce legislation, taxable benefits etc.
- Assist in the development and implementation of new procedures and features to enhance the workflow of the department.
- Provide training and guidance to new and existing staff as needed.
- Handle personnel issues relating to staff conflicts, absenteeism, performance issues, etc.
- Work with each direct report to establish goals and objectives for each year and monitor and advise on the progress to enhance the professional development of staff. Conduct annual evaluations
- Support Financial Controller with special projects and workflow process improvements.
- In-depth knowledge of accounting
- Knowledge of payroll activities and the Canadian legislation
- Business acumen
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting
- CPA designation preferred
- Five years or more of relevant experience
- Excellent management and supervisory skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite or similar software.
Nice to Have
- Experience working with SAP
We are DNEG, one of the world’s leading visual effects and animation companies for the creation of award-winning feature film, television, and multiplatform content. We employ more than 10,000 people with worldwide offices and studios across North America (Los Angeles, Montréal, Toronto, Vancouver), Europe (London), Asia (Bangalore, Mohali, Chennai, Mumbai) and Australia (Sydney).
Location: Vancouver, Canada