As a leading mobile games developer, Jam City is looking to “level up” our talent. We’re searching for innovators who consider themselves dynamic, collaborative, and thrive in a fast-paced environment.
PERKS & BENEFITS
Unlimited Vacation, Paid Sick Days & Holidays
100% Employee Covered Medical, Dental, Vision Plan Base Plan
Life Insurance, 401k, Flexible Spending Accounts, Commuter Benefits & More
Catered Lunches & Well-stocked Kitchens
Yoga & Wellness Activities
ABOUT THE ROLE
We are currently looking for a talented 3D Generalist to join our Culver City Studio! This position is for an exciting new, high-profile licensed “casual” mobile game. The ideal candidate will have experience in games and a strong passion for creating highly stylized 3D characters and environments.
**In order to be considered, you MUST provide us with either a link to an online portfolio, website, or a pdf showcasing recent artwork upon application.
- Model and Texture 3D characters, environments, and props that are production-ready and optimized for mobile devices.
- Quick character sculpts in Zbrush for concept and design.
- Work closely with the 3D lead artist and Art Director to establish and maintain the look of a 3D project.
- Collaborate with other disciplines such as rigging, tech art, animation, and design to understand gameplay requirements, technological issues, and how they relate to the character art and implementation.
- Organization of Maya files for proper exporting and Unity Integration.
- Character rendering for in-game UI and marketing.
- 2+ years as a 3D artist in games.
- Strong understanding of high and low poly character and environment modeling.
- Expert knowledge of various texturing methods: Substance & PBR material workflows.
- Excellent general art knowledge including anatomy, weight, and silhouette.
- Understanding of basic rigging and skinning.
- Basic animation knowledge in Maya and Unity.
- Ability to take initiative to solve problems with excellent follow-through.
- Avid gamer with an interest in casual mobile games.
- Strong communicator and organizational skills.
NICE TO HAVE
- 2D concept skills.
- Unity or other game engine experience.
- Mobile gaming FTP experience.
- Previous leadership experience.
CHECK OUT LIFE AS A JAM CITIZEN:
- Company news and events on our LinkedIn
- Company Blog
- Employee Feedback on our Comparably page
- Find videos on our teams and games on our Youtube
OUR COMMITMENT TO EQUITY, DIVERSITY, & INCLUSION
We believe in creating games that unite people across the world and that showcase our commitment to providing an environment that is both inclusive and diverse for our players and employees. We strive to create a workforce that is reflective of our global player community as we know that we are stronger and better when we play together. To help promote an inclusive culture, we celebrate the visible and invisible diversity of our Jam Citizens through initiatives including Employee Resource Groups, cultural events, trainings, speaker series, and more.
Jam City is an equal opportunity employer. We enthusiastically accept our responsibility to make employment decisions without regard to race, age, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, ancestry, religion, ethnicity, marital, or domestic partnerships status, disability, genetic information (including the refusal to submit to genetic testing), predisposing genetic characteristics, military status, veteran status, domestic violence victim status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expressions, or any other classification protected by federal, state, and local laws. Our management is committed to following this policy with respect to hiring, placement, promotion, transfer, demotion, layoff, termination, recruiting, pay, and other forms of compensation, training, and general treatment during employment.
ABOUT JAM CITY
Jam City is an award-winning mobile entertainment studio providing unique and deeply engaging games that appeal to a broad, global audience.
Led by CEO Chris DeWolfe, former MySpace co-founder and CEO, and COO Josh Yguado, former 20th Century Fox executive, Jam City is the creative powerhouse behind some of the highest-grossing and most enduring mobile games. Jam City’s global franchise Cookie Jam has generated more than half a billion dollars, and Panda Pop has more than 120 million downloads to date.
The company also is the go-to studio for Hollywood, having developed immersive, narrative-rich mobile games around iconic entertainment brands. The company’s popular RPG game Harry Potter: Hogwarts Mystery was the #1 game in more than 40 countries at its launch in April 2018.
Jam City has nine studios located in Los Angeles (HQ), Berlin, Buenos Aires, Bogotá, Burbank, Cedar Falls, San Diego, San Francisco, and Toronto.
Apply for this job
Location: Culver City, CA
Date posted: 2022-01-20