This is an exciting opportunity for a 3D Generalist to join the Solutions Development group at Magic Leap. The ideal candidate should have 5 or more years of experience in the video game, interactive, design or related industry, and have shipped a game, app, experience, or equivalent software. Expertise in Maya, 3dsMax, Blender or Cinema 4D is required, as well as experience in both organic and hard surface modeling, including props, products and digital humans. The candidate should also have experience in Unity and be able to create custom shaders and looks using shader graph, as well as an understanding of real-time graphics principles including PBR rendering, shading models, lighting, rendering and asset optimization. Responsibilities include working closely with the Art, Visual Design and Avatar groups to build 2D and 3D visual assets, building and fully look developing 3D assets, and conceptualizing, building, rendering and animating design elements in 3D. Bonus qualifications include experience with Visual Design and 3D Design of user interfaces or products, experience with UX and UI development, experience with C# and Python, and a BS, MS, or PHD in a related field.
The Solutions Development group at Magic Leap is seeking a freelance 3D Generalist. Working in a highly collaborative environment, this role will work closely with artists, designers, prototypers and engineers. This role will also assist our Avatar group, helping to build and improve our 3D avatar system. This candidate is forward-thinking, driven and willing to embrace the challenges of developing for Magic Leap’s spatial computing platform.
- 5 or more years working in the video game, interactive, design or related industry.
- Shipped a game, app, experience, or equivalent software.
- Expert at Maya, 3dsMax, Blender or Cinema 4D.
- Able to execute on all aspects of 3D asset creation: model, texture, look dev, lighting, rigging, and animation.
- Experience in both organic and hard surface modeling, including props, products and digital humans.
- Experience in Unity and able to create custom shaders and looks using shader graph.
- Understanding of real-time graphics principles including: PBR rendering, shading models, lighting, rendering and asset optimization.
- Ability to work out of your comfort zone to do what has not been done before.
- Open and responsive to guidance and direction from both creative and technical leadership.
- Work closely with the Art, Visual Design and Avatar groups to build 2D and 3D visual assets.
- Build and fully look develop 3D assets, including modeling, texturing and shader authoring within Unity.
- Conceptualize, build, render and animate design elements in 3D.
- Support Avatar development pipeline as needed by building and improving character models, textures, shaders and animations.
- Be a positive, proactive communicator that seeks unique solutions to difficult problems.
- Experience with Visual Design and 3D Design of user interfaces or products.
- Experience with UX and UI development.
- Experience with C# and Python.
- BS, MS, or PHD in related field
- All your information will be kept confidential according to Equal Employment Opportunities guidelines
Location: Remote (US based only)
Country: United States
Date found: 2023-03-01