3D Environment Artist
A leader in creating deep and engaging experiences on PC and mobile, Jagex was founded in 2001 and is today one of the UK’s biggest and most respected video game developers and publishers.
Famed for its flagship MMOs RuneScape and Old School RuneScape, Jagex has welcomed more than 260million player accounts to its world and created a $1bn lifetime franchise revenue. Today the RuneScape franchise exists beyond running games in live operations; our titles are living games that connect and inspire millions of players, with content and experiences both inside and outside of inexhaustible game worlds.
Both RuneScape and Old School RuneScape, on PC and mobile, offer ever-evolving, highly-active worlds and our community-focussed development ethos empowers players to have a real say in how each game is shaped.
Jagex is expanding and extending its portfolio with fresh franchise titles, new IP and, in 2018 launched Jagex Partners, delivering third-party publishing and operational services exclusively for the living games of the future.
Jagex employs more than 400 people at its Cambridge headquarters and is on the hunt for talented people to work across the business to help the company to achieve yet another year of record growth and player satisfaction.
HOW YOU CAN CONTRIBUTE
We have an exciting opportunity for an Environment Artist to join a growing team on our iconic game RuneScape! In this role you will be responsible for mapping and set dressing environments based on the established art direction alongside the Lead Environment Artist and Senior Environment Artists. In addition, you will also be responsible for asset creation and feedback to hit expected standards and quality. This role gives a rare opportunity to work on one of the largest and longest running games in the UK gaming industry.
You are a skilled individual who can collaborate, design, and produce high quality environments for RuneScape. You’ll also provide feedback and support to other artists and developers across projects. You are not afraid to get involved with design discussions, artistic feedback and providing support to external art teams.
As an Environment Artist, you will be capable of taking feedback and improving your skills as an artist while assisting the Environment art team on an ever-growing game.
What we need:
- Working knowledge of Maya/3DSMax
- Working knowledge of Photoshop
- Working knowledge of Zbrush
- Working knowledge of Substance Painter
- Portfolio work demonstrating stylised hand-crafted props and mapping/level construction experience.
- Understanding of both realistic and stylized visual elements
- Working knowledge of industry standard Environment workflows
- Able to time manage and prioritise own work schedule
- Ability to communicate clearly, and concisely to team, peers, and management
- Professional attitude and work ethic
- Good soft skills and teamwork
Even better if:
- Outsourcing experience
- Traditional 2D art skills
- Prior knowledge of RuneScape
We can only consider applicants who include evidence of their work, along with breakdowns in an online format such as personal website, blog, Github, Artstation or other online albums
The job and the team!
- **Working within our talented art team, you will:**
- Assist the Environment team with project tasks
- Responsible for the delivery of high quality and consistent in-game Environment art
- Collaborate with Leads and Senior Artists to ensure best practices and deliver consistent maps and assets
- Applying feedback to work in a logical and consistent way
- Plan, schedule, and structure daily/weekly tasks to fit with the project schedules
- Adhere to production guides and established working conventions
- Support and promote good team and studio morale in an open, creative environment
- Flexible Working
- Bonus Scheme
- Private Health Care
- Gym Membership
- Generous Pension Contributions
- Life Insurance
- Free Cycle Repair
- Income Protection
- Dental Plan
- Free Fruit and Drinks
- Subsidised Canteen
Feel like you fit this role, but don’t meet all the requirements? We strive for fresh perspectives, so as long as you can demonstrate how your attitude and other abilities might make up for any gaps we would welcome your application!
Jagex are an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marriage or civil partnership, pregnancy or maternity, religion or belief.
Apply for this job
Location: Fully Remote
Date posted: 2022-01-20