2D / Concept Artist
Hi-Rez Studios is looking to hire an innovative mid to senior, 2D/Concept Artist to join our studio Alacrity Arthouse. This will be a 100% remote role..
Hi-Rez Studios is a AAA free-to-play publisher that has released such games as SMITE, Paladins, Rogue Company, Realm Royale, and Tribes: Ascend.
Alacrity Arthouse is the internal art support for all our studios, touching every game and asset from CONCEPT to UI to Marketing Art. With a wide range in our art pipeline and creative services starting with direct game art and tech art production and pipeline consultation, cinematics, audio design, and outsourcing support. Alacrity Arthouse is a branch of Hi-Rez Studios dedicated to bringing great art solutions to Hi-Rez and other game development studios.
The Alacrity 2D team is looking for a 2D artist with a focus on the concept but with love of all manner of game art. Alacrity has an amazing sens of collaboration to problem solve our way through each game’s specific challenges.
If you love games from military shooters to fantasy MOBAs and beyond - we have the role for you and can’t wait to have you join us as we embark on exciting new game projects!
What our 2D Artists / Illustrators do:
- Work closely with Art Lead to create visually compelling illustrations to be used in-game and for marketing.
- Create multiple sketches based on a single concept or brief.
- Generate concepts from ideation to full orthos with color & material passes.
- Create icons, UI elements, and other 2D art needs.
- Creating dynamic illustrations featuring characters, objects, and environments for internal and marketing purposes.
- Work with other 2D artists to help elevate the overall art quality of the team.
- To assist in polishing outside outsourcer artists to meet FINAL quality.
- Take feedback from multiple artists and be adaptable to various project needs.
What we are looking for:
- Experience with concept art and/or UI development.
- Excellent traditional art skills with a strong grasp of composition, anatomy, color theory, perspective, lighting, and character work.
- Ability to mimic multiple artistic styles.
- Good communication and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to work quickly and precisely in a fast-paced environment, and keep tight deadlines.
- Ability to multi-task and work on multiple projects at the same time.
- Knowledge of video games, fantasy, and science fiction genres.
- A proactive work ethic and desire to learn.
- Experience in Adobe CC work environment.
- Experience in JIRA task management (Bonus).
- Experience in Unreal Editor (Bonus).
- Basic 3D program knowledge (Bonus).
- Bachelor’s Degree (Preferred).
- US Work Authorization (Preferred).
Apply for this job
Location: All Locations
Date posted: 2022-01-20