At Unity, you’ll make a difference. In a collaborative, fast-growing environment, we’re democratizing development, solving hard problems, and enabling the success of our community.
Your desire to make the world a better place will be at the forefront of the real-time revolution, as we build exciting technological advancements in entertainment, film, retail, sales, and other industries – all made possible by the Unity Engine, the most widely used 3D development platform in the world.
We are looking for Software Engineer Interns to join our highly dynamic teams in Montreal, Calgary, Vancouver, Port Coquitlam, and Toronto. Our interns own projects that develop tools, maintain new features, and identify innovative solutions for creators to build rich and interactive content. Opportunities span a wide range of areas, including monetization, cloud services, AI, the Unity Engine, platforms, and more! Projects will lead you to collaborate with other Unity fellows who are experts in their domain, helping you gain understanding of multiple aspects of software development.
What to Expect From Your Internship
In addition to working on an impactful project, you will have the opportunity to engage with colleagues for both personal and professional development, expand your network, and participate in activities with other interns throughout your internship.
- Duration: From May 8, 2023 to August 25, 2023
- Mentorship: You will work simultaneously with a manager and a mentor to help you develop your skills
- Impact: Our interns are working right alongside full time team members on projects that have a lasting impact on our product and services
- Networking & Development: Learning activities, networking opportunities, and social events take place throughout the summer to enrich your experience
What you’ll be doing
- Plan and build an important software project that can be delivered during your internship
- Contribute to team discussions on technologies that are likely to prove disruptive to the industry
- Develop and influence engineering culture by establishing the best engineering practices and standards
- Write high-quality code that supports existing and future functionality of the product
What we’re looking for
- Currently enrolled in an accredited University in Canada and pursuing a Bachelor's degree or higher in a Computer Science or related field
- A minimum of one semester remaining in your studies after the internship ends
- Programming experience with at least one programming language such as C++, C#, Java, or Python
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills, in both in-person and digital team environments
- Intellectual curiosity with the ability to learn and distill new information quickly
You might also have
- A passion for games
- Any experience with Unity or other 3d game engines - even if it was only a weekend project!
- Experience with deploying and launching software to production for real users
Life at Unity
Unity (NYSE: U) is the world’s leading platform for creating and operating real-time 3D (RT3D) content. Creators, ranging from game developers to artists, architects, automotive designers, filmmakers, and others, use Unity to make their imaginations come to life. Unity is the foundation upon which the world’s most powerful digital content is created. Specifically, Unity’s platform provides a comprehensive set of software solutions to create, run and monetize interactive, real-time 2D and 3D content for mobile phones, tablets, PCs, consoles, and augmented and virtual reality devices.
In the fourth quarter of 2021, Unity had, on average, 3.9 billion monthly active end users who consumed content created or operated with its solutions. The applications developed by these creators were downloaded, on average, five billion times per month in 2021. For more information, please visit www.unity.com.
Unity is a proud equal opportunity employer. We are committed to fostering an inclusive, innovative environment and celebrate our employees across age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law. Our differences are strengths that enable us to support the growing and evolving needs of our customers, partners, and collaborators. If there are preparations or accommodations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please fill out this form to let us know.
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this website or directly to managers. Unity does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Unity will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Unity.
Location: Toronto, Canada
Subscribe to all Engineering jobs in Canada
Create Profile and Get Noticed