WHO WE ARE
We’re ArenaNet, a studio making online worlds infused with innovation, hand-crafted excellence, and creative passion. Our passion is broadly shared; gamers made Guild Wars 2 the fastest selling MMO game in the West with more than 3 million copies sold in its first 9 months, and players and press have consistently called it one of the best MMOs of all time.
Our studio is built on foundations of excellence with a focus on community. We constantly innovate, unlocking the true potential of online role-playing with game-changing titles like Guild Wars 2 and beyond. The status quo isn’t good enough for our dedicated worldwide community of players which is why we question the de facto industry conventions and demand more from ourselves as developers.
We are currently seeking a talented, highly-motivated, passionate and experienced VFX artist to join our team. The VFX artist will work closely with the Lead VFX Artist, Art Director and Design teams to create spectacular visual effects for players, creatures and items, bringing the magic (both figuratively and literally) to life.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
- Work closely with designers to visualize gameplay VFX for players, creatures and events
- Work with environmental and prop artists to enhance items and environments
- Create VFX assets using propriety and commercial tools
- Maintain visual cohesion with the GW2 art style
WHAT YOU WILL NEED TO BE SUCCESSFUL
- Strong Portfolio demonstrating excellent understanding of particle systems, animation, simulations, modeling, and texture painting
- 3D art generalist, competent in multiple areas of asset creation
- Strong working knowledge of Maya.
- Ability to create a wide variety of FX using different approaches (particle, mesh, sim, flipbook etc.)
- Ability to author texture source from scratch or photo/video reference
- Highly motivated, self-starter, creative thinker
- Able to creatively solve problems.
- Able to quickly grasp the overall ArenaNet visual style for Guild Wars.
- Experience with shader development
PLUSES (NICE TO HAVES)
- Background in painting, concept art, or animation.
- Ability to model and texture hard surface / rigid objects within a range of styles (painterly to realistic).
Please include links to your current portfolio when applying
Get jobs like this directly to your Inbox
Create Profile and Get Noticed