Crytek is looking for an experienced and passionate UI Programmer to work with our game development team.
As UI programmer, you will help develop the tools and interaction methods that are required for building user interfaces. Working closely with UX / UI Designers, you will play an important role in how the UI is built and how it will function. The ideal candidate has experience in different parts of game development.
Relocation & Remote Work
Although we believe living close to our studio helps foster team spirit and stronger bonds between team members, we understand that people have different needs and expectations for their place of residence. You have a choice of three location options, allowing you to work with Crytek from anywhere you wish:
1. Come to our modern headquarters in Frankfurt and receive an attractive relocation package and have access to all of our benefits.
2. If you are already living in a European Union member state, we are able to offer you a permanent work contract and allow you to work remotely as an employee from there.
3. If you are interested in full-time remote work in any other country outside of the European Union, we can offer you a freelance contract arrangement.
- Develop, test, maintain and optimize the UI systems to work efficiently with the supported consoles and platforms, using CRYENGINE and Flash.
- Complete tasks in a timely manner and to a consistent high quality standard.
- Write clear, maintainable and portable code.
- Document source code, and write test cases when necessary.
- Write technical and software design documents.
- Work very closely with UI Artists, UX Designers, and other Engineers.
- 3+ years of professional experience as UI Programmer, preferably in the games industry.
- Excellent understanding of C++.
- Worked on a UI oriented project.
- STL experience.
- Experience with Agile development.
- Strong software engineering and debugging skills.
- Experience with writing custom controls, skins and other advanced UI features.
- Some knowledge of 3D math.
- Experience with any game engines, preferably experience with CRYENGINE.
- Team player and self-driven.
- Willing to learn.
- Solid English skills, good communication skills with strong affinity for transparence.
- Bachelor degree in Computer Science, a similar degree or comparable experience.
- Experience with consoles.
What you can expect from us:
- A refreshing yet highly professional atmosphere in a diverse team.
- Flexible work time.
- Free public transportation ticket, which lets you use public transport free of charge 24/7.
- Free German lessons
- Company language is English. Any additional language is a plus, but not a requirement.
- Extensive assistance with getting visa, work permits and communication with local authorities.
- Relocation support.
- A company apartment for your first few months and help in finding a private apartment.
- ...and much more!
Apply for this job
Get jobs like this directly to your Inbox
Create Profile and Get Noticed