We are looking for an experienced and passionate Tools Programmer to become part of our HUNT team in our Frankfurt, Germany studio.
The ideal candidate will be a generalist programmer with a desire to work in multiple domains, working closely with department Leads to identify, plan, implement, debug, deploy and support specific tools for the game production. The position involves working within cross-disciplinary groups. As a key member of the team, you’ll be involved in crafting great AAA games with a great team, using state-of-the-art technology.
*Required documents that allow a careful evaluation of your application are resume, cover letter and additional samples / private projects (GitHub)*
Relocation & Remote Work
Although we believe living close to our studio helps foster team spirit and stronger bonds between team members, we understand that people have different needs and expectations for their place of residence. You have a choice of three location options, allowing you to work with Crytek from anywhere you wish:
1. Come to our modern headquarters in Frankfurt and receive an attractive relocation package and have access to all of our benefits.
2. If you are already living in a European Union member state, we are able to offer you a permanent work contract and allow you to work remotely as an employee from there.
3. If you are interested in full-time remote work in any other country outside of the European Union, we can offer you a freelance contract arrangement.
- Own parts of the workflow and certain pipeline tools - this includes design, implementation, extension, documentation, communication, identifying weaknesses, making improvements, etc.
- Create accurate task duration estimates and complete all work in a timely basis
- Work closely with the CRYENGINE department to assure the portability and compatibility of the tools.
- Remain focused, motivated and effective on all tasks through to completion.
- Develop well designed software in cooperation with leads within project schedule to team standards.
- Provide input to department project status meetings.
- 2+ years of professional experience, ideally on a multiplatform project.
- At least a Bachelor’s degree in relevant field or equivalent work experience.
- Good communication skills and ability to work in a team.
- Ability to communicate effectively with both technical and non-technical parties.
- Excellent communication and writing English skills with strong affinity for transparency.
- Ability to work in interdisciplinary teams, to identify problems and propose solutions.
- Experience using and writing plug-ins for DCC applications (e.g. Maya, 3ds Max, MotionBuilder, XSI, Blender, Sketch Up, Z-Brush, Photoshop, etc…).
- Strong understanding of Asset data processing pipelines, Algorithms, Workflow and performance impacts
- Fluent in C++, strong software engineering and debugging skills.
- Experience writing tools using other languages like for example C#, .NET, Python, Mel or MaxScript.
- Strong 3D math background.
- Passionate about making games.
What you can expect from us
- A refreshing yet highly professional atmosphere in a diverse team.
- Flexible work time.
- Free public transportation ticket, which lets you use public transport free of charge 24/7.
- Free German lessons.
- Company language is English. Any additional language is a plus, but not a requirement.
- Extensive assistance with getting visa, work permits and communication with local authorities.
- Relocation support.
- A company apartment for your first few months and help in finding a private apartment.
- ...and much more!
Apply for this job
Get jobs like this directly to your Inbox
Create Profile and Get Noticed