Frontier is an established, market leading independent developer and publisher of videogames for PC and consoles. Founded in 1994, we are based in the world-leading technology cluster and historic city of Cambridge, England. With a growing team of over 750 talented people, we are passionate about creating innovative genre-leading games and authentic worlds for our communities of players.
We have achieved serial successes across a wide variety of titles including Elite Dangerous, Planet Coaster, Jurassic World Evolution and Planet Zoo. We are continuing to grow our team to support our existing portfolio and an exciting and ambitious future roadmap, which includes the development of both own-IP titles and licensed-IP titles. Our IP-license partners include Universal (Jurassic World), Formula 1 and Games Workshop (Warhammer).We are also growing our team to continue the expansion of Frontier Foundry, our publishing label for games developed by carefully selected partner studios.
We have a modern spacious studio located on the Cambridge Science Park in the heart of the Cambridge tech hub. For those who wish to relocate to the Cambridge area and work either entirely in the studio or flexibly between the studio and home, we can provide generous financial and practical support to facilitate your move. We are also able to offer remote working for those who would prefer to work almost exclusively from home or who are unable to relocate. We can discuss your preferences with you during the recruitment process.
As part of our continued growth, we have an opportunity for a Producer to join our Shared Technology Group (STG) to work on the Cobra Engine project.
Frontier has a proud history of developing game technology, building games with our in-house Cobra engine and forging creative solutions to a wide range of challenges. Our Shared Technology Group is at the center of the engine, tools and techniques that we develop. As part of the Shared Technology Team, your skills will supplement a fantastic group of talented engineers who are passionate about making great games and the technology that underpins those games. You will use your software development experience both to help drive Cobra into the future, and to empower game teams to get the most from the technology that we build.
Working with current and future game team direction, you will help organise the development, maintenance and support of Cobra along with complementary tools and services.
Developing great games pushes us to the cutting edge of technology and entertainment, and you will play an important role in directing our journey on exciting new frontiers.
- Co-ordinate the work of a couple of the STG work streams in collaboration with the team Leads, reporting to the Lead Producer
- Schedule and track work using Hansoft and JIRA
- Run morning stand-ups, sprint reviews, sprint planning and retrospectives for your work streams
- Support multiple internal projects
- Identify and mitigate project risks, and proactively prevent/solve issues
- Champion and promote the STG processes and practices
- Work with the STG Production team to maintain the STG bug database and triage bugs across the STG
- Work with the STG Production team to maintain and triage the STG backlog
- Work with the Lead Producer to analyse, implement and champion improvements to working practice
- Help deliver products on time and to quality
- Previous experience in a similar role in games or another software development industry
- Good understanding of Agile and Waterfall processes
- Used to helping programmers to analyse requirements, break-down tasks and estimate work
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Comfortable working with staff at all levels and across multiple departments
- Able to help and motivate developers to achieve the best possible results
- Skilled problem solver
- Excellent organisation and time management skills
- Familiar with bug and task tracking software
What we can offer you
We offer the chance to work with talented and passionate people, developing and publishing sophisticated and enduring games in a creative and collaborative environment. We love what we do, and we work hard to provide outstanding experiences for our player communities. Frontier rewards this passion and determination by sharing in the company’s success and by supporting our teams to keep doing what they love.
Well-being is a big focus at Frontier and we are continually evolving how we can support our staff. We encourage a healthy work/life balance and host a range of well-being activities, initiatives and sessions to support both mental and physical health.
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package, which includes a success-based annual bonus, share option schemes, pension, life assurance, private family healthcare, flexitime working hours, enhanced maternity/paternity package, in-house subsidised catering, support with relocation, a Cycle to Work scheme and free bike servicing, and social events.
We welcome and encourage applications from qualified candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marriage or civil partnership, pregnancy or maternity, religion or belief.
Apply for this job
Get jobs like this directly to your Inbox
Create Profile and Get Noticed