Crytek is looking for a passionate and experienced Technical Designer to support our Game development team with designing and implementing complex, cutting edge Player and/or AI system for games.
Relocation & Remote Work
Although we believe living close to our studio helps foster team spirit and stronger bonds between team members, we understand that people have different needs and expectations for their place of residence. You have a choice of three location options, allowing you to work with Crytek from anywhere you wish:
1. Come to our modern headquarters in Frankfurt and receive an attractive relocation package and have access to all of our benefits.
2. If you are already living in a European Union member state, we are able to offer you a permanent work contract and allow you to work remotely as an employee from there.
3. If you are interested in full-time remote work in any other country outside of the European Union, we can offer you a freelance contract arrangement.
- Design and implement complex Player and or AI systems using visual scripting.
- Design, create and maintain asset databases for the above systems, using CRYENGINE.
- Iterate on system functionality based on feedback.
- Contribute creative design ideas across the whole project
- Balance and adjust systems to create fun game play
- Work with other departments to ensure all required resources are scheduled and delivered
- Be a technical knowledge source for other members of the development team
- Drive tool and workflow improvements
- Work closely with QA to debug systems
- 2+ years of experience in technical design capacity preferably within the games industry.
- At least a Bachelor’s degree in relevant field or equivalent work experience.
- Proficiency in visual scripting languages such as Schematyc, Blueprints etc.
- Strong technical skill set and experience with scripting.
- Experience working with game engines, preferably CRYENGINE.
- Good knowledge of the principles of game design and theory.
- Strong technical documentation ability.
- Programming experience.
- Team player and self-driven.
- Willing to learn.
- Solid English skills, good communication skills with strong affinity for transparence.
- Strong math skills.
- Experience in creating player and AI systems.
- Experience working with a mod team.
- C++ knowledge.
- Previous work with Behavior Trees.
- Multiplayer design and balancing experience.
What you can expect from us
- A refreshing yet highly professional atmosphere in a diverse team.
- Working with cutting edge technology.
- Flexible work time.
- Free public transportation ticket, which lets you use public transport free of charge 24/7.
- Free German lessons
- Company language is English. Any additional language is a plus, but not a requirement.
- Extensive assistance with getting visa, work permits and communication with local authorities.
- Relocation support.
- A company apartment for your first few months and help in finding a private apartment.
- ...and much more!
Apply for this job
Get jobs like this directly to your Inbox
Create Profile and Get Noticed