Crytek is looking for an experienced Systems Programmer to join the HUNT development team in our Frankfurt, Germany studio.
The ideal candidate will be a generalist programmer with a desire to work in multiple domains game technology development - working closely with the Department Leads to identify, plan, implement, debug, deploy and support specific technologies for the game platform. Areas covered include but are not limited to performance monitoring and optimization, pipeline/tools/delivery systems, hardware abstractions, core-systems maintenance etc. The position involves working within cross-disciplinary groups. As a key member of the team, you’ll be involved in crafting great AAA games with a great team using state-of-the-art technology.
Relocation & Remote Work
Although we believe living close to our studio helps foster team spirit and stronger bonds between team members, we understand that people have different needs and expectations for their place of residence. You have a choice of three location options, allowing you to work with Crytek from anywhere you wish:
1. Come to our modern headquarters in Frankfurt and receive an attractive relocation package and have access to all of our benefits.
2. If you are already living in a European Union member state, we are able to offer you a permanent work contract and allow you to work remotely as an employee from there.
3. If you are interested in full-time remote work in any other country outside of the European Union, we can offer you a freelance contract arrangement.
- Improve, develop, and take ownership for systems for our games.
- Work closely with the CRYENGINE department to assure the portability and compatibility of the systems.
- Contribute to product codebase in multiple domains.
- Optimization and debugging across multiple platforms (Console, PC...).
- Create accurate task duration estimates and complete all work in a timely basis.
- Remain focused, motivated, and effective on all tasks through to completion.
- Display good communication and writing skills and create documentation where required.
- Develop well designed software, in cooperation with leads, within project schedule to team standards.
- Provide input to department project status meetings.
- 2+ years of professional software development experience.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or comparable experience.
- Strong C++ knowledge.
- Good software engineering, debugging and profiling skills.
- Proficiency with multi-threading and parallel algorithms.
- Experience with current Console and PC development processes.
- Experience with any game engines, preferably CRYENGINE.
- Good understanding of computer architecture fundamentals (memory subsystems, CPU/GPU architecture etc.).
- Eager to learn.
- Good English communication and writing skills.
- Team player and self-driven.
- Experience with build pipelines and common compilers.
- Experience with cross platform development.
What you can expect from us
- A refreshing yet highly professional atmosphere in a diverse team.
- Flexible work time.
- Free public transportation ticket, which lets you use public transport free of charge 24/7.
- Free German lessons.
- Company language is English. Any additional language is a plus, but not a requirement.
- Extensive assistance with getting visa, work permits and communication with local authorities.
- Relocation support.
- A company apartment for your first few months and help in finding a private apartment.
- ...and much more!
Apply for this job
Get jobs like this directly to your Inbox
Create Profile and Get Noticed