We are looking for an experienced and passionate Senior Tools Programmer to become part of our HUNT team in our Frankfurt, Germany studio.
*Required documents that allow a careful evaluation of your application are resume, cover letter and additional samples / private projects (e.g. GitHub)*
Relocation & Remote Work
Although we believe living close to our studio helps foster team spirit and stronger bonds between team members, we understand that people have different needs and expectations for their place of residence. You have a choice of three location options, allowing you to work with Crytek from anywhere you wish:
1. Come to our modern headquarters in Frankfurt and receive an attractive relocation package and have access to all of our benefits.
2. If you are already living in a European Union member state, we are able to offer you a permanent work contract and allow you to work remotely as an employee from there.
3. If you are interested in full-time remote work in any other country outside of the European Union, we can offer you a freelance contract arrangement.
- Support and extend toolchains in alignment with CRYENGINE requirements.
- Implement new or improve tooling for all departments involved in the game production to achieve project objectives.
- Be aware of market trends and be able to integrate emerging technologies in our pipelines.
- Develop well designed software within project schedule to team standards.
- Proactively improve product quality as well as group productivity.
- Ensure tasks are completed in a timely manner and to a consistent very high quality standard.
- Adopt existing development processes and look for improvements.
- Be a role model for Regular/Junior programmers and contribute to the mentoring process inside the discipline.
- Participate in the recruiting process for the tools programming team.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or equivalent.
- 4+ years of professional experience as programmer, preferably within the games industry.
- Hands on experience shipping at least one title, from beginning to end, preferably a cross-platform one.
- Good understanding of C++ in a games development environment.
- Experience with GUI frameworks, preferably Qt.
- Strong problem-solving skills.
- Experience with state-of-the-art AAA game development tools and methods.
- Ability to communicate effectively with both technical and non-technical parties.
- Solid English skills, excellent communication skills with strong affinity for transparency.
- Be proactive and self-motivated, display strong autonomy.
- Passion for making games.
- Experience with Python and C#.
- Experience with CRYENGINE.
- Previous experience on a multiplatform game.
- Experience with multi-threading.
What you can expect from us
- A refreshing yet highly professional atmosphere in a diverse team.
- Working with cutting edge technology.
- Flexible work time.
- Free public transportation ticket, which lets you use public transport free of charge 24/7.
- Free German lessons
- Company language is English. Any additional language is a plus, but not a requirement.
- Extensive assistance with getting visa, work permits and communication with local authorities.
- Relocation support.
- Support with your first accommodation and help in finding a private apartment.
- ...and much more!
Apply for this job
Get jobs like this directly to your Inbox
Create Profile and Get Noticed