Crytek is looking for a Senior Gameplay Network Programmer to support the HUNT team in our Frankfurt, Germany based studio.
Relocation & Remote Work
Although we believe living close to our studio helps foster team spirit and stronger bonds between team members, we understand that people have different needs and expectations for their place of residence. You have a choice of three location options, allowing you to work with Crytek from anywhere you wish:
1. Come to our modern headquarters in Frankfurt and receive an attractive relocation package and have access to all of our benefits.
2. If you are already living in a European Union member state, we are able to offer you a permanent work contract and allow you to work remotely as an employee from there.
3. If you are interested in full-time remote work in any other country outside of the European Union, we can offer you a freelance contract arrangement.
- Improve, develop and take ownership for low level networking system.
- Responsible for profiling and optimizing existing systems.
- Improve, maintain and extend existing components of code base.
- Take active part in design, development and documentation of new features. Contributing to development goals as part of a passionate team.
- Mentor Junior Programmers.
- Work closely with other programming disciplines to achieve great multiplayer experiences in the game
- Create accurate task duration estimates and complete all work in a timely basis.
- Remain focused, motivated and effective on all tasks through to completion.
- Display good communication and writing skills and create documentation where required.
- Develop well designed software, in cooperation with leads, within project schedule to team standards.
- Provide input to department project status meetings.
- 5+ years of professional experience as Network Programmer.
- At least a Bachelor’s degree in relevant field or equivalent work experience.
- Excellent understanding of C++ and strong software engineering and debugging skills
- Experience with TCP & UDP network protocols, familiar with NAT traversal, packet routing, OSI model.
- Past experience on network-related features for a shipped multiplayer title
- Experience with any game Engines preferably experience with CRYENGINE
- Willing to accept and provide direction, work well under pressure, and handle multiple tasks.
- Ability to contribute innovative and original ideas towards all aspects of game production and development.
- Experience with multithreading.
- Team player and self-driven
- Willing to learn
- Solid English skills, good communication skills with strong affinity for transparency
- Willing to relocate to Frankfurt am Main area, Germany
- Experience with PSN and/or Xbox Live.
- Passion for making great games.
- Experience writing technical documentation.
- Experience with multiplatform development.
What you can expect from us
- A refreshing yet highly professional atmosphere in a diverse team.
- Flexible work time.
- Free public transportation ticket, which lets you use public transport free of charge 24/7.
- Free German lessons
- Company language is English. Any additional language is a plus, but not a requirement.
- Extensive assistance with getting visa, work permits and communication with local authorities.
- Relocation support.
- A company apartment for your first few months and help in finding a private apartment
- ...and much more!
Apply for this job
Get jobs like this directly to your Inbox
Create Profile and Get Noticed