The Crysis 4 (Working Title) team is looking for a creatively minded and driven Senior Lighting Artist who can communicate well between programmers and artists to develop cutting edge, next generation lighting solutions for Games.
*Sample pictures or a link to a webpage, which shows sample work, are required.*
Relocation & Remote Work
Although we believe living close to our studio helps foster team spirit and stronger bonds between team members, we understand that people have different needs and expectations for their place of residence. You have a choice of three location options, allowing you to work with Crytek from anywhere you wish:
1. Come to our modern headquarters in Frankfurt and receive an attractive relocation package and have access to all of our benefits.
2. If you are already living in a European Union member state, we are able to offer you a permanent work contract and allow you to work remotely as an employee from there.
3. If you are interested in full-time remote work in any other country outside of the European Union, we can offer you a freelance contract arrangement.
- Working with Level Designers, Artists and Programmers to create real time and baked lighting moods and effects for static, dynamic and animated environments, cinematics, characters, etc. within the platforms limitations.
- Creation of skyboxes and other geometry based lighting assets (sun shafts, glows, flares, etc.).
- Balancing and maintaining consistent light levels across a variety of physically based materials and surfaces.
- Finding, discussing and fixing material inconsistencies that might affect shading quality.
- Collaboration with other Lighting Artists on the team to ensure consistent quality across the game.
- Texture creation using available graphic applications (e.g. Photoshop).
- Population of light entities and cubemaps in game using the CRYENGINE Sandbox Editor and tools.
- Color grading (e.g. compositing, color correction).
- Global Illumination Setup.
- Creating dramatic, unique, and interesting day/night setups using the CRYENGINE Sandbox Editor and tools.
- Take on a number of tasks and responsibilities across multiple projects within Crytek.
- Develop, refine, test and provide feedback on new cutting edge technologies created for the CRYENGINE.
- Solving technical issues that arise with new tools or game performance.
- 4+ years of professional experience lighting for next-gen games on PC and console hardware.
- Experience in working within hardware constraints of PC and console hardware.
- Experience with real time and baked lighting solutions for video games is a necessity.
- Excellent art sense (e.g. knowledge of composition, color, lighting, etc.).
- Solid understanding of basic theory of light propagation and light-material interaction.
- Ability to work with multiple disciplines to meet project’s specific needs.
- Capable of working both as a member of a development team and individually with minimum supervision.
- Must have the ability to conceptualize, present, and execute ideas within a schedule, while actively participating in technical and artistic problem solving.
- Ability to quickly understand custom toolsets and deliver assets within the confines of real time engine constraints and programming demands.
- Organized approach to problem solving and time-management.
- Good English communication and writing skills.
- Positive team-oriented attitude.
- Be proactive and self-motivated.
- Experience with feature film workflow.
- Experience with CRYENGINE and Sandbox Editor.
- Strong understanding of real-time and pre-baked lighting systems.
- Experience creating and configuring geometry assets for in game lighting effects.
- Experience with real world lighting situations, including natural light and artificial “studio” type lighting, and/or photography.
What you can expect from us
- A refreshing yet highly professional atmosphere in a diverse team.
- Flexible work time.
- Free public transportation ticket, which lets you use public transport free of charge 24/7.
- Free German lessons
- Company language is English. Any additional language is a plus, but not a requirement.
- Extensive assistance with getting visa, work permits and communication with local authorities.
- Relocation support.
- A company apartment for your first few months and help in finding a private apartment.
- ...and much more!
Apply for this job
Get jobs like this directly to your Inbox
Create Profile and Get Noticed