Senior Data Scientist
VGW is a fast-growing technology company and creator of market-leading online social games. With offices across Australia, USA, Canada, Malta and the Philippines we are on a mission to be the biggest gaming company in the world!
Due to major growth we are expanding our Technology team in Sydney and currently looking for a Senior Data Scientist to join the team.
As a Senior Data Scientist, you’ll identify, scope and lead the undertaking of a range of research and modelling projects leveraging all available data assets to help solve complex business problems.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Managing and executing the end to end workflow of a data science project from problem statement creation, model development, and evaluation etc.
- Enhance existing relationships and networks with internal stakeholders, acting as an advisor when it comes to decisions, project ideation, and direction
- Utilise your diverse and deep knowledge of data science topics to scope and deliver on problem statements
- Run design (scoping) sessions with the team to discuss all the possible solutions to a defined problem.
- Driving the team towards the best viable solution, considering relevant risks and constraints for both delivery and operation.
- Work with stakeholders to define the measurement of success for a project and ensure viability of the measurement
- Ensures Data Science best practices are known and met, looks to improve/introduce practices where applicable
- Ensure models remain fit-for-purpose across their lifetime through living documentation
- You’ll mentor, coach and develop other Data Scientists within the business
What you will bring to the role:
- Hands-on experience with marketing science methodologies: Marketing Mix Models, LTV, Multi-Touch Attribution Modelling
- You have experience in the full lifecycle of developing, deploying and maintaining machine learning models in cloud environments (e.g. Databricks, GCP)
- You are highly proficient with languages like Python and SQL
- You are competent in data visualisation and visualisation software such as Tableau
- A quantitative degree in Computer Science, Data Science, Applied Statistics, Engineering or similar
- You are an expert in machine learning algorithms and have demonstrable expertise in their mathematical fundamentals
- You are a pro at applied statistics: hypothesis testing, experiment design
VGW has been disrupting the online gaming world since 2010 and we're only getting started. We've assembled an incredibly talented global team who bring their passion, energy and expertise to build games that people love.
At VGW, we have a modern approach to getting work done and a focus on creating an environment where amazing people can do amazing work. That means giving you the flexibility you need, providing spaces that will keep you comfortable and finding opportunities for you to keep learning and growing.
Find out more at www.vgw.co
If you want to join a team that does things differently apply today and we look forward to seeing what you can bring to our team.
Get jobs like this directly to your Inbox
Create Profile and Get Noticed