We are looking for a motivated and hands-on Senior Data Engineer to join our Data Analytics Team. The candidate will be responsible for designing, implementing, and maintaining the data pipeline in collaboration with diverse stakeholders. Good coding skills in Java and Python are required for this position.
Relocation & Remote Work
Although we believe living close to our studio helps foster team spirit and stronger bonds between team members, we understand that people have different needs and expectations for their place of residence. You have a choice of three location options, allowing you to work with Crytek from anywhere you wish:
1. Come to our modern headquarters in Frankfurt and receive an attractive relocation package and have access to all of our benefits.
2. If you are already living in a European Union member state, we are able to offer you a permanent work contract and allow you to work remotely as an employee from there.
3. If you are interested in full-time remote work in any other country outside of the European Union, we can offer you a freelance contract arrangement.
- Implement and maintain diverse data infrastructure systems, as well as their related ETL pipelines
- Work closely and in collaboration with NetOps team, Data Analysis team and several other stakeholders from diverse departments. As an outcome of these collaboration, it is expected from the candidate, to be able to define and apply data engineering best practices and align systems with up-to-date technologies
- Independently create and run automation scripts for operational data processing
- Work and manage data ETL pipelines using AWS cloud platform, in particular: S3 (Parquet data lake), Glue, SageMaker, Airflow, Athena, Redshift and Redshift Spectrum
- Maintain current data infrastructure systems, including ELK (Elasticsearch, Logstash and Kibana) stack, Kafka cluster, PostgreSQL and Clickhouse databases, and ETL data sinkers developed in Java
- The candidate should also be able to work and manage independently all AWS management services: IAM, VPC, Security/ACL Groups, and CloudWatch
- A degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or Engineering
- At least 5 years experience in data engineering, preferably in context with online games
- Excellent understanding of ETL pipeline cycles
- Proficient in using AWS cloud platform
- Experience using Elasticsearch, PostgreSQL, Clickhouse and Redshift databases
- Good understanding of data streaming processing using Kafka, as well as, batching processing with PySpark
- Good programming and scripting skills using Java 11, Spring Boot, Project Reactor, as well as Python 3, Ruby and shell scripting.
- Good understanding of data types and handling of different data models
- Experience in using Python and PySpark for data engineering
- Comfortable using Docker containers
- Flexibility in using different technologies and platforms
- Proactive and self-motivated, able to work without direct supervision
- Good English communication and writing skills
What you can expect from us
- A refreshing yet highly professional atmosphere in a diverse team.
- Flexible work time.
- Free public transportation ticket, which lets you use public transport free of charge 24/7.
- Free German lessons
- Company language is English. Any additional language is a plus, but not a requirement.
- Extensive assistance with getting visa, work permits and communication with local authorities.
- Relocation support.
- A company apartment for your first few months and help in finding a private apartment.
- ...and much more!
Apply for this job
Get jobs like this directly to your Inbox
Create Profile and Get Noticed