WHO WE ARE
We are ArenaNet—we’ve created a studio that makes online worlds infused with innovation, hand-crafted excellence, and creative passion. We're not the only ones who share this passion; gamers made Guild Wars 2 the fastest selling MMO game in the West with more than 3 million copies sold in its first 9 months, and players and press have consistently called it one of the best MMOs of all time.
We are currently seeking a Senior Character Artist who will work with a passionate team to develop high-quality 3d game assets. The artist will work with design, concept, animation, fx, and other teams to create visually striking armors and outfits that appeal to a broad player base. The candidate should be well versed in anatomy, shape language and able to develop designs that feel intrinsic to the game world and hand-crafted. More importantly, the candidate should be fun, energetic, and passionate about creating characters for games.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
- Build high and low poly game armor, clothing, faces, and hair assets
- Build textures and weight skin for final in-game assets
- Work with outsourced assets and process them for in-game use
- Collaborate across team disciplines to ensure the overall quality of character assets
WHAT YOU WILL NEED TO BE SUCCESSFUL
- Exceptional foundational art skills
- Strong understanding of anatomy, fashion, and armor construction
- Strong understanding of material definition, with ability to texture and model a variety of materials
- Proficient in Zbrush sculpting
- Proficient in Maya/Max, Photoshop and Substance Painter
- Familiarity with Marvelous Designer and/or fashion design experience is a plus
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and organizational skills
- Willingness to learn internal tools and processes
- Excited positive attitude. Ability to collaborate and communicate across team disciplines
- Understanding of technical limitations of character design, armor, and clothing in real-time game engines
- Ability to take and give criticism in a constructive but direct manner
- Self-motivated and passionate towards continued education and the ability to share that knowledge with other team members
Please include links to your current portfolio when applying.
Get jobs like this directly to your Inbox
Create Profile and Get Noticed