We are searching for a Senior Backend Programmer to work on online-game backend technology in our Frankfurt, Germany studio.
The Senior Backend Programmer will develop and enhance online-backend systems used across a variety of Crytek games. The ideal candidate has experience with online services from the perspective of real-time/game applications, working with/architecting scalable compute clusters, network traffic analysis, etc.
The position involves working with cross-disciplinary groups, including interaction with game design and game programming teams.
*Required documents that allow a careful evaluation of your application are resume, cover letter, and additional samples*
Relocation & Remote Work
Although we believe living close to our studio helps foster team spirit and stronger bonds between team members, we understand that people have different needs and expectations for their place of residence. You have a choice of three location options, allowing you to work with Crytek from anywhere you wish:
1. Come to our modern headquarters in Frankfurt and receive an attractive relocation package and have access to all of our benefits.
2. If you are already living in a European Union member state, we are able to offer you a permanent work contract and allow you to work remotely as an employee from there.
3. If you are interested in full-time remote work in any other country outside of the European Union, we can offer you a freelance contract arrangement.
- Drive the development and support of a set of reliable and high-performance online services, help integrate them into the company’s products.
- Own the mentoring of Junior/Regular Backend Programmers.
- Create accurate task duration estimates and complete all work on a timely basis to a consistent very high-quality standard.
- Take strong ownership of some of the core backend systems and keep a general overview of backend technologies and their interactions
- Improve the architecture of the whole system with scalability and robustness in mind.
- Debug and optimize any module of the system.
- Proactively create documentation where applicable.
- Participate in the recruiting process for your team.
- 4+ years of professional work experience as a Programmer, preferably in the games industry.
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or related field.
- Direct responsibility for the performance and functionality of certain server modules.
- Excellent programming skills in either C++ or C#, working experience with both.
- Strong Debugging/optimization skills.
- Strong Understanding of multithreading concepts.
- Strong Understanding of network programming concepts.
- Ability to work in a collaborative programming environment.
- Willing to accept direction, work well under pressure, and handle multiple tasks.
- Passion for making great games.
- Ability to contribute innovative and original ideas towards all aspects of a game’s production and development.
- Team player and self-driven.
- Willing to learn and grow professionally.
- Solid English skills, good communication skills with a strong affinity for transparency.
- Experience with Actor Model, CSP, or other concurrent programming models. // - e.g.: C# tasks, Goroutines, Erlang.
- Programming & trouble-shooting experience in Linux-like environments.
- Database programming experience (MongoDB, MySQL, …).
- Experience developing secure online services.
- Experience with making multiplayer games.
What you can expect from us
- A refreshing yet highly professional atmosphere in a diverse team.
- Flexible work time.
- Free public transportation ticket, which lets you use public transport free of charge 24/7.
- Supported German lessons for our employees
- Company language is English. Any additional language is a plus, but not a requirement.
- Extensive assistance with getting visa, work permits and communication with local authorities.
- Relocation support.
- A company apartment for your first few months and help in finding a private apartment
- ...and much more!
Apply for this job
Get jobs like this directly to your Inbox
Create Profile and Get Noticed