We are looking for an experienced and passionate Senior AI Programmer to to become a member of the CRYENGINE team at our studio in Frankfurt, Germany.
You would help us to maintain and improve our AI code and the systems to support it. Our goal is to provide a comprehensive engine solution with high performance and a modular design that is easily accessible by users.
*Required documents that allow a careful evaluation of your application are resume, cover letter and additional samples / private projects (GitHub)*
Relocation & Remote Work
Although we believe living close to our studio helps foster team spirit and stronger bonds between team members, we understand that people have different needs and expectations for their place of residence. You have a choice of three location options, allowing you to work with Crytek from anywhere you wish:
1. Come to our modern headquarters in Frankfurt and receive an attractive relocation package and have access to all of our benefits.
2. If you are already living in a European Union member state, we are able to offer you a permanent work contract and allow you to work remotely as an employee from there.
3. If you are interested in full-time remote work in any other country outside of the European Union, we can offer you a freelance contract arrangement.
- Maintain and extend the existing AI framework and tools for use in internal and external projects.
- Work closely with game designers, artists and programmers to improve the AI system and support them in its application and tuning.
- Design new functional and engaging features and integrate them with existing AI as well as physics and animation systems.
- Research the latest techniques in game AI to make believable characters.
- Plan development in coordination with project management.
- Write clear, maintainable and robust code.
- Test, debug, profile, optimize and document your implementations.
- Mentor junior programmers.
- 5+ years of programming experience in game AI development.
- Master’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience.
- Excellent programming skills in C++.
- Experience with multi-threading.
- Strong software engineering and debugging skills.
- Experience with standard AI technology (finite state machines, behavior trees, pathfinding, goal-oriented behavior, rule-based systems, learning etc.)
- Ability to learn and master a large existing code base.
- Ability to learn about new techniques and adapt them to project requirements.
- Good communication skills and ability to work effectively on shared projects with designers, animators, artists, testers, and other developers.
- Experience with AI development for game engines.
- Experience with multi-player games.
- Experience with scripting languages (such as C# or Lua).
What you can expect from us
- A refreshing yet highly professional atmosphere in a diverse team.
- Flexible work time.
- Free public transportation ticket, which lets you use public transport free of charge 24/7.
- Free German lessons
- Company language is English. Any additional language is a plus, but not a requirement.
- Extensive assistance with getting visa, work permits and communication with local authorities.
- Relocation support.
- A company apartment for your first few months and help in finding a private apartment.
- ...and much more!
Apply for this job
Get jobs like this directly to your Inbox
Create Profile and Get Noticed