As a leading mobile games developer, Jam City is looking to “level up” our talent. We’re searching for innovators who consider themselves dynamic, collaborative, and thrive in a fast-paced environment.
PERKS & BENEFITS
Unlimited Vacation, Paid Sick Days & Holidays
100% Employee Covered Medical, Dental, Vision Plan Base Plan
Life Insurance, 401k, Flexible Spending Accounts, Commuter Benefits & More
Catered Lunches & Well-stocked Kitchens
Yoga & Wellness Activities
The Senior Accountant of Technical Accounting and Reporting will report to the Manager of Technical Accounting and Reporting and will be based at our Culver City, CA headquarters. The responsibilities will include assisting with preparation of financial statement to ensure compliance with US GAAP & IFRS. The position will also be responsible for technical accounting research and documentation of ongoing and new transactions, preparation of accounting memos and related journal entries. The Senior Accountant will also be responsible for assisting with the implementation and execution of internal controls over financial reporting.
- Assist with preparation of financial statements under US GAAP & IFRS and related footnote disclosures
- Prepare monthly and quarterly group reporting package
- Prepare account reconciliations
- Prepare technical accounting research and memos related to goodwill impairment analysis, going concern, intangible assets and capitalized software, etc.
- Assist with reviewing the company’s contracts, analysis for proper accounting treatment.
- Support the Technical Accounting team in working with various internal and external stakeholders.
- Assist with stock-based compensation administration and prepare monthly journal entries
- Assist with researching and documenting ad hoc transactions, including business combinations, debt, stock-based compensation, etc.
- Execute certain controls over financial reporting, and assist with project management and documentation of internal controls efforts
- Assist with general ad hoc projects, research, and recommend process improvements
- CPA qualification or equivalent
- Solid knowledge of US GAAP. Familiarity with IFRS preferred.
- 3+ years of combined experience with a national accounting firm or consulting/advisory firm with exposure to technical research and reporting.
- Intellectual curiosity and desire to learn
- Excellent oral, written, and analytical skills
- Excellent project management skills, able to multi-task with limited supervision
- Desire to collaborate with various teams across the company
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance
CHECK OUT LIFE AS A JAM CITIZEN:
- Company news and events on our LinkedIn
- Company Blog
- Employee Feedback on our Comparably page
- Find videos on our teams and games on our Youtube
OUR COMMITMENT TO EQUITY, DIVERSITY, & INCLUSION
We believe in creating games that unite people across the world and that showcase our commitment to providing an environment that is both inclusive and diverse for our players and employees. We strive to create a workforce that is reflective of our global player community as we know that we are stronger and better when we play together. To help promote an inclusive culture, we celebrate the visible and invisible diversity of our Jam Citizens through initiatives including Employee Resource Groups, cultural events, trainings, speaker series, and more.
Jam City is an equal opportunity employer. We enthusiastically accept our responsibility to make employment decisions without regard to race, age, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, ancestry, religion, ethnicity, marital, or domestic partnerships status, disability, genetic information (including the refusal to submit to genetic testing), predisposing genetic characteristics, military status, veteran status, domestic violence victim status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expressions, or any other classification protected by federal, state, and local laws. Our management is committed to following this policy with respect to hiring, placement, promotion, transfer, demotion, layoff, termination, recruiting, pay, and other forms of compensation, training, and general treatment during employment.
ABOUT JAM CITY
Jam City is an award-winning mobile entertainment studio providing unique and deeply engaging games that appeal to a broad, global audience.
Led by CEO Chris DeWolfe, former MySpace co-founder and CEO, and COO Josh Yguado, former 20th Century Fox executive, Jam City is the creative powerhouse behind some of the highest-grossing and most enduring mobile games. Jam City’s global franchise Cookie Jam has generated more than half a billion dollars, and Panda Pop has more than 120 million downloads to date.
The company also is the go-to studio for Hollywood, having developed immersive, narrative-rich mobile games around iconic entertainment brands. The company’s popular RPG game Harry Potter: Hogwarts Mystery was the #1 game in more than 40 countries at its launch in April 2018.
Jam City has nine studios located in Los Angeles (HQ), Berlin, Buenos Aires, Bogotá, Burbank, Cedar Falls, San Diego, San Francisco, and Toronto.
Apply for this job
Get jobs like this directly to your Inbox
Create Profile and Get Noticed