Hi-Rez Studios is looking to hire an experienced Senior Technical Artist to join our Rogue Company team in Alpharetta, Georgia or remote from the US, Canada or the UK.
At Hi-Rez, you will have an opportunity to be part of an innovative environment that embraces new and different ideas. We are a passionate and enthusiastic bunch who love video games. We have incredibly talented individuals who are empowered to create, & challenged to learn. All of this means more opportunities for you to unleash your energy, collaboration, and dedication.
Come join the creator of the critically acclaimed SMITE, Paladins, Tribes: Ascend, and Global Agenda as we embark on exciting new game projects!
What our Senior Technical Artists do at Hi-Rez Studios:
- Engine side character setup, interfacing with programmers, working with designers, and supporting artists and animators to help shape the stage for characters, features, and systems.
- Export Animations from Maya/3DS Max and import them into Unreal.
- Create and maintain BluePrints, Anim Sets, Character Models, and Physics Assets in Unreal.
- Work with programmers to create the tech needed to support new features and systems.
- Work with designers to achieve the gameplay functionality needed.
- Work with the art teams to support their work engine side.
- Create and maintain database entries for characters/weapons and other game related assets.
- Maintain the integrity of the project by way of best practices, naming conventions, documentation, etc.
- Ability to troubleshoot existing tech and support incoming tech.
- Drive, scope out, and deliver projects.
- Mentor less experienced team members.
What we are Looking for:
- 5 - 8 Years of Technical Art experience.
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent education required.
- Unreal Engine 3/4 experience.
- Strong knowledge of Maya and 3DSMax.
- Ability to work collaboratively and communicate with multiple teams.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong problem solving skills.
- Self-motivated, well organized, and able to multitask.
- Passion for games with a strong work ethic.
- Have strong technical problem solving skills that allow for quick project execution.
- Experience with the game development pipeline from start to finish.
- Scripting experience is a plus.
- Material creation experience is a plus.
- Experience working in the Gaming Industry in a Technical Art role.
Nice to Have:
- Experience with cross-training, leading, or mentoring a team.
Apply for this job
Get jobs like this directly to your Inbox
Create Profile and Get Noticed