Frontier is an established, market leading independent developer and publisher of videogames for PC and consoles. Founded in 1994, we are based in the world-leading technology cluster and historic city of Cambridge, England. With a growing team of over 750 talented people, we are passionate about creating innovative genre-leading games and authentic worlds for our communities of players.
We have achieved serial successes across a wide variety of titles including Elite Dangerous, Planet Coaster, Jurassic World Evolution and Planet Zoo. We are continuing to grow our team to support our existing portfolio and an exciting and ambitious future roadmap, which includes the development of both own-IP titles and licensed-IP titles. Our IP-license partners include Universal (Jurassic World), Formula 1 and Games Workshop (Warhammer).We are also growing our team to continue the expansion of Frontier Foundry, our publishing label for games developed by carefully selected partner studios.
We have a modern spacious studio located on the Cambridge Science Park in the heart of the Cambridge tech hub. For those who wish to relocate to the Cambridge area and work either entirely in the studio or flexibly between the studio and home, we can provide generous financial and practical support to facilitate your move. We are also able to offer remote working for those who would prefer to work almost exclusively from home or who are unable to relocate. We can discuss your preferences with you during the recruitment process.
Frontier Developments has always been driven by a singular passion to make memorable games that create legacies and break boundaries. Now, with our dedicated games label Frontier Foundry, we’re helping others achieve the same goal. By lending studios around the world our wealth of publishing expertise, we’ll bring even more great games to our players.
As part of this vision we have an opportunity to join our external development “Frontier Foundry” Production team. You’ll be working under the guidance of a seasoned Executive Producer, supporting key aspects of game delivery, with the goal of helping fantastic studios realise their game vision and bring high quality titles to market. This is an outstanding opportunity to join a team with a track record of delivering successful titles and work with our experienced and passionate teams as you develop your career with us.
This is a fully remote position working with external developers.
- Perform duties in support of publisher-side game development responsibilities. Examples include build review and feedback, bug triage, coordinating with other project contributors, collecting and providing accurate project information, or other responsibilities as assigned.
- Proactively identify issues and solve them promptly.
- Maintain strong, collaborative relationships with colleagues both within Frontier and with the development partners.
- Understand and adhere to development best practices.
- Provide constructive feedback while allowing developers the space and creative freedom to make their games shine.
- Create and maintain project schedules and progress reports to keep other project contributors well informed.
- Experienced game professional with a solid background in production, QA, or related role
- Good knowledge of the development process
- Excellent communication skills with experience of collaborating with colleagues to achieve the best possible results
- Passion to deliver results while increasing your skillsets and challenges on the job
- Proven ability to work proactively with excellent time management and prioritisation skills
- A passion for video games is a must
- Experience with tools such as Confluence, JIRA, Mantis and console platforms & certification a bonus!
What we can offer you
We offer the chance to work with talented and passionate people, developing and publishing sophisticated and enduring games in a creative and collaborative environment. We love what we do, and we work hard to provide outstanding experiences for our player communities. Frontier rewards this passion and determination by sharing in the company’s success and by supporting our teams to keep doing what they love.
Well-being is a big focus at Frontier and we are continually evolving how we can support our staff. We encourage a healthy work/life balance and host a range of well-being activities, initiatives and sessions to support both mental and physical health.
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package, which includes a success-based annual bonus, share option schemes, pension, life assurance, private family healthcare, flexitime working hours, enhanced maternity/paternity package, in-house subsidised catering, support with relocation, a Cycle to Work scheme and free bike servicing, and social events.
We welcome and encourage applications from qualified candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marriage or civil partnership, pregnancy or maternity, religion or belief.
Apply for this job
Get jobs like this directly to your Inbox
Create Profile and Get Noticed