Frontier is an established, market leading independent developer and publisher of videogames for PC and consoles. Founded in 1994, we are based in the world-leading technology cluster and historic city of Cambridge, England. With a growing team of over 750 talented people, we are passionate about creating innovative genre-leading games and authentic worlds for our communities of players.
We have achieved serial successes across a wide variety of titles including Elite Dangerous, Planet Coaster, Jurassic World Evolution and Planet Zoo. We are continuing to grow our team to support our existing portfolio and an exciting and ambitious future roadmap, which includes the development of both own-IP titles and licensed-IP titles. Our IP-license partners include Universal (Jurassic World), Formula 1 and Games Workshop (Warhammer).We are also growing our team to continue the expansion of Frontier Foundry, our publishing label for games developed by carefully selected partner studios.
We have a modern spacious studio located on the Cambridge Science Park in the heart of the Cambridge tech hub. For those who wish to relocate to the Cambridge area and work either entirely in the studio or flexibly between the studio and home, we can provide generous financial and practical support to facilitate your move. We are also able to offer remote working for those who would prefer to work almost exclusively from home or who are unable to relocate. We can discuss your preferences with you during the recruitment process.
We are looking for a talented and energetic principal audio programmer to join our audio team in Cambridge, UK.
This is a fantastic opportunity to join our award-nominated team delivering amazing sounds on Elite Dangerous, Planet Coaster, Jurassic World Evolution, Plant Zoo, F1 Manager and other exciting projects. We are focused on developing cutting edge in-house tech to push the boundaries of interactive audio.
- Set the direction of audio technology across the studio
- Create real time systems and tools that translate in-game action into beautiful audio
- Identify, design, implement and maintain innovative audio solutions that can be deployed across a range of projects
- Lead the drive for code quality and performance cross the team.
- Mentor other members of the team through code, documentation and other interactions.
- Key player on a large audio team delivering multiple titles across multiple platforms.
- Ability to write clear, reusable C++
- Can deliver systems with excellent runtime performance
- Track record in turning around poorly performing legacy systems
- Experienced team player comfortable with sharing ideas and mentoring with others
- Holistic approach to problem solving with an enthusiastic attitude to new challenges
- Good listening skills and sonic awareness
- Expert user of game audio engines such as Wwise
Audio at Frontier
- Be part of a thriving independent studio with over 750 employees that values audio highly as a key component of our games' experience.
- Be part of a large audio department with over 35 members focused on creating amazing sounds that push the boundaries of game audio.
- Be part of an established audio tech team of 14 programmers and technical devs that strive to create solid, reusable systems that deliver innovative solutions deployed across multiple projects.
What we can offer you
We offer the chance to work with talented and passionate people, developing and publishing sophisticated and enduring games in a creative and collaborative environment. We love what we do, and we work hard to provide outstanding experiences for our player communities. Frontier rewards this passion and determination by sharing in the company’s success and by supporting our teams to keep doing what they love.
Well-being is a big focus at Frontier and we are continually evolving how we can support our staff. We encourage a healthy work/life balance and host a range of well-being activities, initiatives and sessions to support both mental and physical health.
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package, which includes a success-based annual bonus, share option schemes, pension, life assurance, private family healthcare, flexitime working hours, enhanced maternity/paternity package, in-house subsidised catering, support with relocation, a Cycle to Work scheme and free bike servicing, and social events.
We welcome and encourage applications from qualified candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marriage or civil partnership, pregnancy or maternity, religion or belief.
Apply for this job
Get jobs like this directly to your Inbox
Create Profile and Get Noticed