Frontier is an established, market leading independent developer and publisher of videogames for PC and consoles. Founded in 1994, we are based in the world-leading technology cluster and historic city of Cambridge, England. With a growing team of over 750 talented people, we are passionate about creating innovative genre-leading games and authentic worlds for our communities of players.
We have achieved serial successes across a wide variety of titles including Elite Dangerous, Planet Coaster, Jurassic World Evolution and Planet Zoo. We are continuing to grow our team to support our existing portfolio and an exciting and ambitious future roadmap, which includes the development of both own-IP titles and licensed-IP titles. Our IP-license partners include Universal (Jurassic World), Formula 1 and Games Workshop (Warhammer).We are also growing our team to continue the expansion of Frontier Foundry, our publishing label for games developed by carefully selected partner studios.
We have a modern spacious studio located on the Cambridge Science Park in the heart of the Cambridge tech hub. For those who wish to relocate to the Cambridge area and work either entirely in the studio or flexibly between the studio and home, we can provide generous financial and practical support to facilitate your move. We are also able to offer remote working for those who would prefer to work almost exclusively from home or who are unable to relocate. We can discuss your preferences with you during the recruitment process.
As part of our continued growth we are looking to employ an Outsource Benchmark Artist to join our growing Outsource team. In this role you will be responsible for the creation of inspiring benchmark assets which set the quality expectations for others to follow across a range of exciting projects. The ideal candidate will be highly motivated, organised, and skilled in the creation of artwork from a variety of disciplines and be able to review the artwork from external teams. Any applicants must also demonstrate excellent communication skills and a proactive approach to work.
- Create benchmark assets for our various projects.
- Nurture strong relationships with the internal teams and external vendors.
- Provide communication pathways between the vendors and the project artists and animators.
- Create briefs, specification documents and OS packages to send to external vendors, with guidance from the Outsourcing Manager and the Art Directors.
- Provide thorough and consistent feedback to our vendors.
- Able to identify any risks and issues in the out-source pipeline and proactively seek solutions.
- Able to evaluate and assess assets marked for out-source to budget geometry, texture, and time allocations accurately.
- More than 5 years industry experience with proven outstanding skills in art creation.
- Highly motivated, organised, and approachable, with a proactive attitude and the ability to adapt to change.
- Thorough understanding of game art and the creation processes
- Excellent spoken and written communication skills.
- Ability to work closely with a team in a fast-moving environment.
- Software knowledge should include 3d package such as Maya/Max with a knowledge of sculpting such as Zbrush and Substance Painter and Designer.
- Experience of implementing assets to a Realtime game engine such as Unreal or Unity.
- Knowledge of Photogrammetry, Marvellous designer, animation, or rigging would be advantageous
What we can offer you
We offer the chance to work with talented and passionate people, developing and publishing sophisticated and enduring games in a creative and collaborative environment. We love what we do, and we work hard to provide outstanding experiences for our player communities. Frontier rewards this passion and determination by sharing in the company’s success and by supporting our teams to keep doing what they love.
Well-being is a big focus at Frontier and we are continually evolving how we can support our staff. We encourage a healthy work/life balance and host a range of well-being activities, initiatives and sessions to support both mental and physical health.
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package, which includes a success-based annual bonus, share option schemes, pension, life assurance, private family healthcare, flexitime working hours, enhanced maternity/paternity package, in-house subsidised catering, support with relocation, a Cycle to Work scheme and free bike servicing, and social events.
We welcome and encourage applications from qualified candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marriage or civil partnership, pregnancy or maternity, religion or belief.
Apply for this job
Get jobs like this directly to your Inbox
Create Profile and Get Noticed