Frontier is an established, market leading independent developer and publisher of videogames for PC and consoles. Founded in 1994, we are based in the world-leading technology cluster and historic city of Cambridge, England. With a growing team of over 750 talented people, we are passionate about creating innovative genre-leading games and authentic worlds for our communities of players.
We have achieved serial successes across a wide variety of titles including Elite Dangerous, Planet Coaster, Jurassic World Evolution and Planet Zoo. We are continuing to grow our team to support our existing portfolio and an exciting and ambitious future roadmap, which includes the development of both own-IP titles and licensed-IP titles. Our IP-license partners include Universal (Jurassic World), Formula 1 and Games Workshop (Warhammer).We are also growing our team to continue the expansion of Frontier Foundry, our publishing label for games developed by carefully selected partner studios.
We have a modern spacious studio located on the Cambridge Science Park in the heart of the Cambridge tech hub. For those who wish to relocate to the Cambridge area and work either entirely in the studio or flexibly between the studio and home, we can provide generous financial and practical support to facilitate your move. We are also able to offer remote working for those who would prefer to work almost exclusively from home or who are unable to relocate. We can discuss your preferences with you during the recruitment process.
As part of our continued growth, we have an opportunity for a Producer to join our Online team. The Online team, together with the Game teams and Publishing department, are responsible for designing, developing and maintaining player-facing cross-title services such as websites, e-commerce stores, forums, support portals and tools, as well as internal services that support the studio’s operations and growth.
As an Online Producer you will work with departments across the studio to understand the online requirements of our ambitious and exciting roadmap and wider studio operations. You will help the online team to deliver solutions by capturing requirements, creating schedules and removing blockers so the team can work to their maximum potential. You will monitor team health and work closely with the Online Leads to keep the team motivated and engaged.
This is an outstanding opportunity to join a studio with a track record of delivering successful AAA titles and work with our experienced and passionate teams as you develop your career with us.
- Co-ordinate the work of the Online team, working closely with department Leads
- Schedule and track work using Hansoft
- Effective communication with other internal teams and external partners, as required
- Help deliver online projects on time and to the required quality
- Perform sprint planning, stand-ups, reviews and retrospectives
- Proactively resolve development and content supply issues to keep team members working effectively
- Identify and communicate important issues to Senior staff in a timely manner
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- Proven experience in a similar project co-ordination role
- Knowledge of web-based design and development processes
- Experience of the software development lifecycle
- Good understanding of Agile workflows
- Ability to communicate confidently and effectively with cross discipline teams
- Collaborative approach with the ability to mediate and facilitate development work
- Proactive in finding solutions to problems
- Calm and confident working in a fast paced environment and able to react positively to change
- Well organised with a methodical approach
- Experience using Hansoft or similar project management tools
- Aptitude for data driven decision making
- Experience running a live online service
- Experience analysing and documenting business requirements
- A practical understanding of how web-based solutions are built
What we can offer you
We offer the chance to work with talented and passionate people, developing and publishing sophisticated and enduring games in a creative and collaborative environment. We love what we do, and we work hard to provide outstanding experiences for our player communities. Frontier rewards this passion and determination by sharing in the company’s success and by supporting our teams to keep doing what they love.
Well-being is a big focus at Frontier and we are continually evolving how we can support our staff. We encourage a healthy work/life balance and host a range of well-being activities, initiatives and sessions to support both mental and physical health.
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package, which includes a success-based annual bonus, share option schemes, pension, life assurance, private family healthcare, flexitime working hours, enhanced maternity/paternity package, in-house subsidised catering, support with relocation, a Cycle to Work scheme and free bike servicing, and social events.
We welcome and encourage applications from qualified candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marriage or civil partnership, pregnancy or maternity, religion or belief.
Apply for this job
Get jobs like this directly to your Inbox
Create Profile and Get Noticed